Turn Off Ads?

Thread: My Experience at the park

My Experience at the park

Well the 3rd was my birthday, but it was going to be a great day at the park no matter what, except for the fact that it was the 20th which seems like the most pointless of birthdays.

But from the get go I was excited about the game when I saw that Zito and Harang were pitching, but quickly the excitement faded when they were announcing the lineups and some not so smart fan behind me goes who in the heck is Jeff Conine (which continued into the 6th) until I finally told him where he was from. Then my annoyed excitment went to dispair when after a good booing of Barry Bonds he took Harangs third pitch of the at bat into the bleachers. Others comments from these fans were, I like Dunn, he is the best hitter on this team (which I thought would ammuse a few of the people on this board) and that Barry Zito throws really hard, look at the 84 mile per hour change up really fool those Reds (to which I turned around and said, no, I'm sorry, that was his fastball).

So there we were getting no-hit into the fourth when Zito lost all control and walked 6 batters and of course being an apethetic lineup, all they could do is muster the 2 runs, which upsets some, but was fine for me because we were still being no-hit and had never seen anything like it.

The next few innings went by w/o much thought until the 6th w/ 2 outs Ryan Freels hustle prolonged the inning for Brandon Phillips grand slam which was the first one i've ever seen in person. And has givin me the idea that we really need Ryan Freel to produce.

Then finally section 128 had the loudest CHEATER! CHEATER! chant for Bonds for the final out of the game which I found hilarious.

So after all this we stayed for the fireworks which were the best I've ever seen.

All said and done it was quite a birthday. I'm sure 21 will be a lot different
    Hey Homer! If you can put it together, you'll put the Reds over the top....think about it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: My Experience at the park

they were announcing the lineups and some not so smart fan behind me goes who in the heck is Jeff Conine (which continued into the 6th)
    Probably just a casual baseball fan wondering why someone they've never heard of was batting cleanup.

Belated Happy Birthday. 21 is also overrated.

Enjoy this one. You may not remember the next.

Quiet Reverence Vada Pinson Fan's Avatar

Happy 20th Birthday jfleur87 !!! I just turned 50 on the 24th of June. The Reds were in Seattle then. My wife threw one heck of a surprise birthday party for me w/ lots of family and friends showing up!!! And I thought my wife (Linda) and I were going to have a nice dinner at Red Lobster. LOL!!!
    Talk about being totally unaware and surprised!!! WOW!!!
    Fellow posters, please allow this:
    Linda, my Darling, Beautiful Wife, You Are The Greatest!!! Thank You So Much!!!

I second what lo ryder said:
    Enjoy this one. You may not remember the next.

Turn Off Ads?