Turn Off Ads?

Thread: I predict a big move in the pitching area with the Reds

I predict a big move in the pitching area with the Reds

Belise to the pen
    Bray to the Reds (3 SO in 1 inning last night for AAA)
    I can see 2-3 rookies sent back down which will bring Saarloov back.

Then Dumitrait might be the one to get a start. I just don't think they new manager is going to stand for what happened last night. Rookie after rookie coming in and struggling.

We'll see!
    Last edited by macro; 07-05-2007 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Clarification of thread title
    And This One Belongs to the REDS!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: I predict...

I think they'll give Livingston another start before Dumatrait. I can't see Saarloos coming back with other pitchers (Stanton, etc) returning soon. They'd have to clear Saarloos off the roster again and pass him through waivers (I believe) again. Not that they can't, but I don't think they will. Dumatrait might be a guy they bring up and stick in the pen. But they probably won't do that until Stanton is either traded or released, which may be never. Nice to see Stanton give up some HR's in his rehab at Dayton.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

There is no quick fix/resolution for this pitching staff (starters & bullpen). The only guy we can really rely on in the rotation is Harang. Other then that, it's a "keep your fingers crossed".

You combine that with a bullpen that is one of the worst in the majors, and it's a recipe for disaster.

But they'll keep experimenting and trying various things hoping to hit on something.

It's like playing with a rubics cube.
    Last edited by GAC; 07-05-2007 at 09:30 AM.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

The vibe I got from Mac's comments was that he was a believer in sticking with players from the roster/opportunity perspective, but being strict within a given game.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Turn Off Ads?