I know the title is a bit misleading but here's what I mean. I was going over some stats and found this nugget.

Over Jay Bruce's last 10 games he has this line.

CF - 6 Games, 29 PA's, 9 K's, 3 BB's, 1 SB, 2 CS, 6 hits, 3 Dbl's, 0 HR's

RF - 4 Games, 19 PA's, 1 K, 2 BB's, 0 SB, 0 CS, 9 Hits, 4 Dbl's, 3 HR's

(Did have one late inning switch from RF to CF, but it shouldn't have any effect on my theory)

Now I know that 10 games is a small sample size but I don't have access to further game logs in which they show me the CF to RF equation. Also even though it's only 10 games it's a dramatic effect on both K's and Power.

Also I wonder if he has a different mindset when playing CF as opposed to RF, as he seems to be taking more pitches and trying to steal bases when he plays CF and swinging it more often when he plays RF.

So the question is does he need to better his conditioning? Is his offensive approach altered when playing CF? Both? Or is it that he is simply a more natural RF, and thus his better long term success relies on him playing RF?

I come to the latter conclusion but I still wonder if he wouldn't benefit from some better conditioning and soon. CF needs to be taken away from him IMHO, he's a RF! And from an interview I read last yr he would be fine with it, if the organization felt the need.

I wish I had the time and access to check out further game logs. Perhaps something we could note from here on out when doing minor league updates. When he plays CF or RF and if & when he switches in a game. I don't do minor league game updates so if anyone would oblige me I would appreciate it, if not that's ok too.