Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Woah, Hamilton hitting leadoff, Freel 6th

Re: Woah, Hamilton hitting leadoff, Freel 6th

How hard is it to put the best 8 guys on the field?

2. Turn Off Ads?

I've been screaming forever that I want to see Hamilton batting lead-off. He has decent speed, but most importantly, he seems to make pitchers work with a 3.8 pitches per plate appearance (www.thehardballtimes.com has GREAT stats). Phillips has a 3.5, Freel 4, Hatteberg 3.9, Dunn 4.2, Jr 4.1, Edwin 3.9, WHOA Ross 4.2?, Conine 3.6, Gonzalez 3.7, Castro 3.2 (yup, you stink), and Valentin 3.4. Kinda went on a tangent there..... LOL. He has a clutch rating of 1.1. Dunn's? -2.2.

It seems to me that since David Ross is such a fastball hitter it would be wiser to have him hit 7th and Gonzo 8th. That way Ross would see a lot more fastballs. He sees nothing but breaking balls because of the pitcher being next in line.

In addition, since Gonzo is hitting about .225 since May 1st he is an out machine. Better to have him hit 8th where he will get fewer plate appearances.

Wow, other than Conine batting Cleanup, this almost looks like a REAL MLB lineup!!

PEACE

-BLEEDS

1st pick 2022 B.B. draft George Foster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by REDblooded View Post
    I've been screaming forever that I want to see Hamilton batting lead-off. He has decent speed, but most importantly, he seems to make pitchers work with a 3.8 pitches per plate appearance (www.thehardballtimes.com has GREAT stats). Phillips has a 3.5, Freel 4, Hatteberg 3.9, Dunn 4.2, Jr 4.1, Edwin 3.9, WHOA Ross 4.2?, Conine 3.6, Gonzalez 3.7, Castro 3.2 (yup, you stink), and Valentin 3.4. Kinda went on a tangent there..... LOL. He has a clutch rating of 1.1. Dunn's? -2.2.
    Josh on base 4 times tonight with a HR......
    Not this year...maybe a Wild Card

114 pitches for Arroyo? Mackanin is abusing his arm.

Good to finally win a series. Clutch hitting, good starting pitching, and a great 8th inning pitched by Coutlangus.

Boom Goes the Dynamite Screwball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    114 pitches for Arroyo? Mackanin is abusing his arm.
    Fire him.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo
    Good to finally win a series. Clutch hitting, good starting pitching, and a great 8th inning pitched by Coutlangus.
    You said it! BTW, how sweet was JC getting Bonds looking? Excellent pitch by Cooter right there, and that should give him some confidence going forward...

I like Hamilton hitting leadoff.
    I hate Freel batting 6th and playing over Edwin (or Phillips or Dunn or Griifey or Hamilton).
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    I like Hamilton hitting leadoff.
    Just a few days ago I wasn't too crazy about Hamilton hitting leadoff, but am warming up to the idea, at least on a short-term basis. I still think he is more of a prototypical middle of the order (3-4-5) hitter, but considering what the Reds have he'll fill in nicely for the rest of the season.

You still won't convince me to bat EE second though.

Quiet Reverence Vada Pinson Fan's Avatar

With the players on the Reds, I would have thought coming out of spring training, this kind of game would be the norm for the Redlegs. But not as it really is. Would love to have seen Bronson also have the same record as Aaron Harang (9-2) at this point.

As evidenced by the game tonight, Arroyo pitched with confidence versus the Giants perhaps b/c of the early lead. Harang has enjoyed way better run support per game than Arroyo has this year.

I like Hamilton leading off and moving Freel lower in the batting order. Good idea about moving Ross up to 7th and Gonzo to 8th. A very nice lineup by Mackanin tonight, although I would have played the hot-hitting Hatteberg rather than Conine against Morris.

The lineup on the 5th looks alot like a Narron lineup when Hatteburg doesn't play, including letting Hamilton lead off, which Narron did from time to time. But then I never really had a problem with Narron's lineups. They typically scored plenty of runs to win games. Freel has typically been leadoff but in this game he hit where Narron had Edwin batting.

Turn Off Ads?