Lopez SS
    Votto LF
    Bellhorn 2B
    Wise RF
    Bannon 3B
    Gutierrez DH
    Dickerson CF
    Jorgesen C

Rick Sweet really confuses me. Last night he had Dickerson in RF and Wise in CF, and today he flips them. He bats Dickerson behind the likes of Bellhorn, Wise, and Gutierrez.

Dumatrait on the mound.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: July 5th Minors Updates

Dayton jumps out to a 1-0 lead after 1. Stubbs reaches on an error and scores on a base knock by Francisco.

Bruce triples in his first at bat. This kid is special.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Drew Anderson got picked off the pitch before on the full count he took off running a little to soon.

That triple is Bruce's 55th XBH of the year in only 324 atbats. That's an average of one XBH per 5.9 atbats. That, folks, is amazing.

Sarasota is playing a doubleheader tonight. Chris Valaika went 0-for-4 in game one which was his FSL debut. He's 1-for-2 with a RBI single so far in game two.

Chattanooga falls behind 1-0 on a double off the wall on a hanging curveball by James Avery.

Daryl Thompson started earlier today and only pitched to five batters. Any news on that?

Quote Originally Posted by HBP View Post
    Daryl Thompson started earlier today and only pitched to five batters. Any news on that?
    He actually started yesterday. The game was suspended with 1 out left in the second inning. It was started today from that point, so the rain stopped him.

At this rate Jay Bruce may be in AAA by the end of August, and who knows- he could even stick with the Reds in ST next year (especially if Dunn and/or Griff is traded)
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    At this rate Jay Bruce may be in AAA by the end of August, and who knows- he could even stick with the Reds in ST next year (especially if Dunn and/or Griff is traded)
    I have thought about that, but the only way I see Jay in Cincinnati next April is if both Griffey and Dunn are traded. The Reds will likely go Freel/Hamilton/Griffey or Dunn depending on who is around still next season.

Bruce will start 08 in AAA unless he lights up spring training...which he could very well do!!

Joey Votto is 1-for-4 with a RBI single. Pedro Lopez is 2-for-4 with a double and single.

Bruce walks in his second at bat.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I have thought about that, but the only way I see Jay in Cincinnati next April is if both Griffey and Dunn are traded. The Reds will likely go Freel/Hamilton/Griffey or Dunn depending on who is around still next season.
    I think they see Freel as a utility guy from here on out. Just a guess, but I think his days as a starter are over. After the concussion, I think the Reds will opt for a role that may keep him healthier -- playing frequently in a reserve role but not every day.

Unless someone can identify a part of his game that needs work, I see no reason why Bruce should be held back. Move him up to AAA at some point this year. Perhaps for August. Then let him go to spring training as the presumptive left or right fielder.

Of course, if Dunn, Hamilton, Griffey are all still around this won't happen. But if one leaves, the logical thing to do is to get Bruce in the slot right away. I don't see them using trade bait or money to get an outfielder. I think putting Bruce in there, even a bit early, makes more sense.

Turn Off Ads?