Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Insane trade ideas

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

Re: Insane trade ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Spitball View Post
    BTW, Minnesota and California may be the most logical destinations for Dunn, but those two teams have the two GM's least likely to gamble their prospects. I remember Ryan dealing Bobby Keilty for Shannon Stewart a few years ago, but I can't remember any other trades.
    December 2, 2005: Traded Travis Bowyer and Scott Tyler to the Florida Marlins for second baseman Luis Castillo.

But yeah, Terry Ryan trades major leaguers for prospects - rarely the other way around.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    December 2, 2005: Traded Travis Bowyer and Scott Tyler to the Florida Marlins for second baseman Luis Castillo.

But yeah, Terry Ryan trades major leaguers for prospects - rarely the other way around.
    I mean deadline deals. I also thought of Phil Nevin, but can't remember what Ryan gave up.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Would you trade Dunn and Homer to the Twins for their top 5 prospects???? Perferrably 3 pitchers and 2 position players. You wanted insane trade ideas and the Twins are suppose the have one of the best and deepest prospect pools. I worry about Homer being just a 5-6 inning pitcher. He reminds me of Dave Burba in that by the 5th inning he is close to 100 pitch mark and running out of gas.

One and a half men Patrick Bateman's Avatar

I guy I would like to target if an outfielder is moved is Kelly Johnson. IMO, he hould have the speed needed to play CF well. In '05 he was one of the rangier LF'ders.

Atlanta lately has preferred to use Escobar at 2nd, and has been keeping Johnson on the bench.

With terrific on base skills, speed, and some decent power, he could make a really interesting starter if he can make the move to centre.

Perhaps he could be included in a pakcage for Dunn/Griffey, or perhaps in a trade involving Hat, Lohse, and/or Weathers.

Here is an insane idea. Everyone is talking about the Dodgers in terms of Griffey and Dunn, but that team needs a couple of Pitchers. With Schmidt hurt, Billingsley is in the rotation now. Chin Hui Tsao and Randy Wolf are having shoulder issues, Yhency Brazoban has a torn Labrum, Roberto Hernandez has been awful and LA is down to Lowe, Penney and Billingsley in the rotation and Saito and Broxton as reliable pen guys. Joe Beimel has been just OK and they seem to be relying a lot on Brett Tomko and Mark Hendrickson. This is a team that could use Weathers and Lohse IMO.

Weathers and Lohse to the Dodgers for Jonathon Meloan (Power arm for the pen with 19 save, 2.18 ERA, 13.9 K/9, 3.57 B/9, .6 HR/9, .266 BABIP and and FIP of 2.30 in AA), Delwyn Young (an upgrade from Hopper/Freel at .344/.390/.603 at AAA and looks to be out of the LA Plans) and Ivan Dejesus Jr (Defensive SS with On Base skills at A+ who has fallen behind Chin-Lung Hu in LA). Since Lohse really won't bring much back at this point, I think this is a decent return and LA's system wouldn't be really hurt much by trading these guys and I think all would be among the Reds top 10 prospects. LA could really use Weathers IMO. This would be a win-win.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS

Turn Off Ads?