Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Things That Were Cincy But Are No More Part II

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Things That Were Cincy But Are No More Part II

I think we did this 6 months ago, and it was such fun that I thought we'd give it another go round.

I thought of another, the jingle from the "Genie" commercials for the early ATM machines.

"Can do, can do, with Genie you can do..."

I can't remember the words to the verse, but I remember my friends and I had fun messing around with the lyrics for devious purposes.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Re: Things That Were Cincy But Are No More Part II

1. The Reds taking infield before a game. When I was a kid I used to love watching that almost as much as batting practice.

2. The skywalk. Also, a sports bar on the skywalk called Scully's. I used to go ther for lunch when I worked downtown years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    I think we did this 6 months ago, and it was such fun that I thought we'd give it another go round.

I thought of another, the jingle from the "Genie" commercials for the early ATM machines.

"Can do, can do, with Genie you can do..."

I can't remember the words to the verse, but I remember my friends and I had fun messing around with the lyrics for devious purposes.
    I always liked how the Genie ATMs talked to you with that English accent. "Please wait, while your transACTion is being PROE-cessed."
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    2. The skywalk. Also, a sports bar on the skywalk called Scully's. I used to go ther for lunch when I worked downtown years ago.
    Skywalk is still there, kinda. http://www.cincyusa.com/maps/images/CVB_Skywalk_Map.pdf

I actually walked on the skywalk last week from the Hilton to the convention center. There is an older skywalk bridge across Fifth that is still there, but is connected to nothing on the north side of Fifth. It looks strange to say the least.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

I never saw Part I. Can anyone link the thread?

Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    I never saw Part I. Can anyone link the thread?
    http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50472
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Skywalk is still there, kinda. http://www.cincyusa.com/maps/images/CVB_Skywalk_Map.pdf

I actually walked on the skywalk last week from the Hilton to the convention center. There is an older skywalk bridge across Fifth that is still there, but is connected to nothing on the north side of Fifth. It looks strange to say the least.
    Yeah, there's still part of it there, but not like it used to be.

Didn't Tony Perez do commercials for the Owl network?

Before Americana it was Fantasy Farm. I think I may have had a birthday party there when I was three or four.

And for those of you in Butler County, The Dan Loftus Fan Club.

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

Caddy's and Flanagan's... two bars that were on Pete Rose Way until Paul Brown Stadium was built. Had some good times at these places back when I was single.
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    Caddy's and Flanagan's... two bars that were on Pete Rose Way until Paul Brown Stadium was built. Had some good times at these places back when I was single.
    OOOOHHHHH YYYEEEAAAAA!!!!!!!!

I remember after Game 6 of the 1990 NLCS seeing Tom Browning chugging back some cold ones at Caddy's!!!

When I was single my friends and I went to several games, Caddy's and Flanagans were must stop location's for before and after the game!!
    Last edited by George Anderson; 07-06-2007 at 09:48 PM.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Before Americana it was Fantasy Farm. I think I may have had a birthday party there when I was three or four.
    Wasn't it Lasourdsville, too?

What was the name of the lame roller coaster at Americana- Screamin' Eagle? Screechin' Eagle?

Anybody remember the Beechmont Rollerrink before it moved up the street? They turned it into a U-Haul place, right across from the Perkins on Beechmont Avenue.

Wasn't it Lasourdsville, too?

What was the name of the lame roller coaster at Americana- Screamin' Eagle? Screechin' Eagle?
    There were two parks next to each other, one was Lasourdsville and one was Fantasy Farm. And to the end of my life, I will never ever understand why someone would go there and swim in the Great Miami River.

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

The Void
    Lots of great bands have played there.

It was the Screechin' Eagle
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Turn Off Ads?