There's a couple UFC fans here on RZ, and rather than start a new thread for each event, I figured I'd toss up a UFC thread where we can discuss each event as they pop up.

Anyway, UFC 73 is tomorrow night in Sacramento in what is one of the best fight cards I've ever seen. Here's the matchups, and these are some freakin' huge names and huge fights ... who are some of your picks in these bouts?

UFC Middleweight Championship
Anderson Silva vs. Nate Marquardt

UFC Lightweight Championship
Sean Sherk vs. Hermes Franca

Tito Ortiz vs. Rashad Evans
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Heath Herring

Kenny Florian vs. Alvin Robinson
Stephan Bonnar vs. Mike Nickels
Jorge Gurgel vs. Diego Saraiva
Chris Lytle vs. Jason Gilliam
Mark Bocek Vs. Frank Edgar

In the middleweight title bout, I'm going to take a chance and go with Marquardt over Silva in the upset. I'd love to see Marquardt take Silva down, then use his wrestling skills to gain a dominant position over Silva and ground and pound the champ. I'm not sure Marquardt can stand with Silva, but if he can take him down to the ground and avoid a submission, I think he's got a good chance to pull the upset.

In the lightweight title bout, this is a bit of coin flip here but I'm going to go with Sherk (who I'd love to see smash Mayweather in an MMA bout, but that's another topic). Sherk is an absurd wrestler with absurd strength, but Franca is also a sick BJJ fighter. However, I think Sherk can avoid the submission and use his wrestling, strength advantage, and conditioning advantage to wear Franca down and pull out a victory. Nevertheless, that's a pretty tough fight to predict, IMO, and it should be exciting.

I can't wait to see Nogueira fight for the first time in the UFC tomorrow night, and he could very well be the Heavyweight belt holder in a few months. Herring's no joke himself, but they've fought once with Nogueira winning and I see the same result happening again.

Tito Ortiz and Rashad Evans should be another great fight, but just like Diego Sanchez was bound to eventually lose, so is Evans. It seems like a lot of people are picking Evans to use Ortiz as a stepping stone, but I'm going to go with Tito here.

And lastly, while we may not see the fight tomorrow night on the PPV card as it's an undercard fight, hopefully local Cincinnati fighter (by way of Brazil) and my former neighbor Jorge Gurgel pulls off a victory over Diego Saraiva.