Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Futures Game

Re: Futures Game

Votto splits:

vs. lefties- .260/.381/.364 for an OPS of .745 (2 HRs)
    vs. righties- .333/.423/.522 for an OPS of .945 (9 HRs)
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

Who are the two Futures reps for the Reds next year? Cueto? Will Bruce still be @ AAA?

Does somebody like Francisco catch fire? Do we pick up a top prospect?
    Last edited by corkedbat; 07-08-2007 at 06:05 PM.

Bring that Canadian up
    Go Gators!

Bruce K's vs lefty on breaking ball (swings and misses)

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Bruce K's...

still a good showing for Jay

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

I think they should bump Bruce up to AAA before too long....and give him a shot in Spring Training if he has success in AAA

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    Who are the two Futures reps for the Reds next year? Cueto? Will Bruce still be @ AAA?

Does somebody like Francisco catch fire? Do we pick up a top prospect?
    I was thinking about this a little while ago too...Jay Bruce will be there if he's still in the minors at this time next year. Johnny Cueto will also most likely be there, if he, like Bruce, is still in the minors. Juan Francisco is also a candidate along with Frazier or Mesoraco.

Cueto has gotta be a top 10 pitching prospect in the game at this point. Barring injury, I would pencil him in the game for next year if he's not yet in the majors.

Jay Bruce will be the other rep unless he too is in the big leagues. Otherwise, I would look for whoever has the best start to next year- Francisco, Frazier, Wood or Watson.
    Go BLUE!!!

Jay Bruce and Joey Votto combined to go 2-for-7 today with a homerun and a triple. Votto hit his homerun to the opposite field (leftcenter) while Bruce hit his triple off the very top of the brick wall in rightcenter. Votto was also robbed of a double on a nice play by the USA firstbaseman.

As a Reds fan, I can't wait to see these two guys in Reds uniforms. Here's my opinion on both guys.

Jay Bruce - Five tool talent who has produced at all levels thus far. IMO Jay Bruce is the best prospect in all of baseball. Bruce hits the ball with authority to all fields and continues to improve in every facet of the game. His plate discipline is starting to improve and he's hitting lefties much better this season. Jay is on the fast track to the majors - and if he stays healthy - I expect him to be patrolling RF for the Reds sometime in 2008. Projection: 1.000 OPS+ hitter each year with 40-50 homers and 40+ doubles.

Joey Votto - Very polished hitter who is ready to play in the major leagues right now. Like Jay Bruce, Votto is willing to hit the ball to all fields, and he does it well. While Votto's power ranks a notch below that of Bruce's, he still possesses great power and should hit 25-30 homers and 40+ doubles a year while drawing 100 walks. Projection: Consistent .300 hitter who pounds 40+ doubles and 25 homers a year all across the field. A very patient hitter, Votto 's names will be among the leaders in walks each year.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Jay Bruce and Joey Votto combined to go 2-for-7 today with a homerun and a triple. Votto hit his homerun to the opposite field (leftcenter) while Bruce hit his triple off the very top of the brick wall in rightcenter. Votto was also robbed of a double on a nice play by the USA firstbaseman.

As a Reds fan, I can't wait to see these two guys in Reds uniforms. Here's my opinion on both guys.

Jay Bruce - Five tool talent who has produced at all levels thus far. IMO Jay Bruce is the best prospect in all of baseball. Bruce hits the ball with authority to all fields and continues to improve in every facet of the game. His plate discipline is starting to improve and he's hitting lefties much better this season. Jay is on the fast track to the majors - and if he stays healthy - I expect him to be patrolling RF for the Reds sometime in 2008. Projection: 1.000 OPS+ hitter each year with 40-50 homers and 40+ doubles.

Joey Votto - Very polished hitter who is ready to play in the major leagues right now. Like Jay Bruce, Votto is willing to hit the ball to all fields, and he does it well. While Votto's power ranks a notch below that of Bruce's, he still possesses great power and should hit 25-30 homers and 40+ doubles a year while drawing 100 walks. Projection: Consistent .300 hitter who pounds 40+ doubles and 25 homers a year all across the field. A very patient hitter, Votto 's names will be among the leaders in walks each year.
    I'm thinking your prediction on Bruce might be a little aggressive. That projection would put him in the company of Pujols and Vlad pretty fast. And some people wonder why expectations for players like Dunn are so high.

the ceiling is unlimited for both

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Jay Bruce is going to be a perenial 1.000 OPS guy who belts 40-50 homers a year.
    Probably not.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Anyone ready to deal Hat and let Votto platoon with Conine a while?
    As soon as they can get it done. Nice that Hatteberg is really hot right now.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    I'm thinking your prediction on Bruce might be a little aggressive. That projection would put him in the company of Pujols and Vlad pretty fast. And some people wonder why expectations for players like Dunn are so high.
    Well Bruce is projected to be the next Larry Walker and he had several years putting up those types of numbers. 5 times in a 6 year span he OPSed over 1.000 and had 35+ doubles 4 times in that same span.

Of course, I just hope people don't expect these numbers in Jay Bruce's rookie season.

Turn Off Ads?