Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Johnny Cueto

Johnny Cueto

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today....php?id=456501

Check out the stats on this guy of late. Could be a star in the making. Or just another flash in the pan.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Johnny Cueto

Quote Originally Posted by Maldez View Post
    http://www.baseballamerica.com/today....php?id=456501

Check out the stats on this guy of late. Could be a star in the making. Or just another flash in the pan.
    I don't have the power...but this one is getting shipped off to the minor league board. I'll meet you there.

He is the real deal. In my opinion he'll be a very good number 2 type pitcher over his career. He could also be in Cincinnati as soon as next year.

Personally, I believe that when it comes to Cueto, the biggest question is durability, not talent.

Hatteberg is Sean Casey

Chris Welsh was foaming at the mouth on last nights Reds broadcast when they flashed his stats up - He thought it was a misprint that he had like 27 K's in 19 innings. And after that implosion by Coffey in the 8th Welsh said those strike outs show me he throws strikes, throws hard, and could pitch the 8th inning. A detected but a bit of sarcasim, but Grande echoed those sentiments stating that he feels he has the stuff to be a "closer."
    "YES! He rips it. Is it high enough? It's gonna be gone! Adam Dunn has done it again. Big #44 can take all day to round the bases here, thats done and gone- lookout dunner they're waitin for ya at home plate." - George Grand

"Did that just happen?" - Chris Welsch

Quote Originally Posted by He got it! View Post
    Chris Welsh was foaming at the mouth on last nights Reds broadcast when they flashed his stats up - He thought it was a misprint that he had like 27 K's in 19 innings. And after that implosion by Coffey in the 8th Welsh said those strike outs show me he throws strikes, throws hard, and could pitch the 8th inning. A detected but a bit of sarcasim, but Grande echoed those sentiments stating that he feels he has the stuff to be a "closer."
    Yea, i heard them talking about Johnny...as of late he has been lights out...would be nice to have a true power arm closer....something we haven't had for years...lets hope he continues to progress

starting pitching> closer

For years I have waited for the Reds to develop some starters that you can't wait to come up to the bigs...ala A's,Tigers,Twins. Finally we have some on the way, starting with Bailey of course. Having these arms en route I believe is the most important thing to getting the club/franchise turned around. Enjoy it ladies and gentlemen.

I hope that they do not throw him right into the closer's role. See how long he can pitch into games and see if he can be a effective #2-3 starter in the bigs. If he looks like he is going to be a #5 then try him at the closer spot because those amazing K and walk numbers yell Closer to me.

Turn Off Ads?