Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Do you renew him as Manager?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 40.00%
  • No

24 60.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If Pete plays .600 ball with this team for the season...

Re: If Pete plays .600 ball with this team for the season...

It can if the intermim is actually doing a good job managing. But, for me, that measure will not be by wins and losses, but rather by whether Mackanin shows he understands concepts like OBP, and the need to protect pitching assets, and other such goodies. On those scores, so far at least, he is getting high marks from me...

2. Turn Off Ads?

I wouldn't reject him simply because he has intreim in front of his title. OTOH, I wouldn't hire him simply because he has intreim in front of his title either.

Let's see if he can sustain the success past the traditional "manager change boost" period. If he continues to show that he understands the basics then include him in the process along with other possibilities.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

I wouldn't rehire him as manager simply because it hasn't worked the last few times and the Reds need to break the cycle.

I would like to see Mackanin stay in the Reds organization when his interim gig is up. Seems a good baseball guy.

Pay attention to the open sky

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I wouldn't rehire him as manager simply because it hasn't worked the last few times and the Reds need to break the cycle.
    See, to me, that's not a good enough reason NOT to hire him, if the team determines he's the best person for the job. But I want that decision to be based on more than wins and losses...

Where's the let's wait and see button?

Turn Off Ads?