Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: BA Midseason Top 100

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: BA Midseason Top 100

M2, I get your point about Davis. Thing is he was getting line drives all over the place. Maybin isn't. I just don't buy into the arguement that his speed is just so much better than everyone else in the minors that its going to continue to lead to the same success everywhere else he goes unless he changes his game.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Steel, I disagree. If he made consistant solid contact he wouldnt put the ball on the ground 61% of the time and his line drive % would be higher than 10.3.
    And if the guy wasn't making consistent hard contact, his ability to produce bases after the first (i.e. IsoP) wouldn't be nearly as high. You tout Drew Stubbs as a potential power hitter at an old age 22 despite a lower IsoP in Low A ball this season (.134), yet Maybin apparently can't hit the ball hard with a .163 IsoP at a young 20?

Sorry, but that doesn't play.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    And if the guy wasn't making consistent hard contact, his ability to produce bases after the first (i.e. IsoP) wouldn't be nearly as high. You tout Drew Stubbs as a potential power hitter at an old age 22 despite a lower IsoP in Low A ball this season (.134), yet Maybin apparently can't hit the ball hard with a .163 IsoP at a young 20?

Sorry, but that doesn't play.
    I don't tout Drew Stubbs as a power hitter. He has raw power... just like Maybin. Both have problems translating it into solid power though in game situations.

Maybin has a fine IsoP, specifically for a centerfielder. My point is though that he has been extremely lucky to have a batting average over .230 to this point, in which case no one would case if he would be slugging .390 because he would still be hitting .230.

Turn Off Ads?