Albert Pujols 14Hrs

American League
    Alex Rios 15Hrs
    Justin Morneau 23Hrs
    Vladdy Guerrero 14 Hrs
    Magglio Ordonez 13Hrs

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2007 State Farm Home Run Derby

I've got to believe that the winner comes from the NL, and I hope someone lands one in the glove

I really dont see a LH winning this even though on bodog they have the favorites as Fielder and Howard. I think Vlad pulls this one out.
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

There's a whiffleball field there? Now that would be fun.

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

Let me defend the HR Derby....I have heard a lot of anti-derby talk lately...especially on talk radio...I enjoy the derby and look forward to tonite's event and even looking forward to "The Bronx is Burning" afterward..

the derby is great, but the lineup sucks, it's turning into what the dunk contest has when u don't really have your superstars performing.

no griffey, no bonds, no papi.

wonder if Dunn could hit one over the glove?

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    the derby is great, but the lineup sucks, it's turning into what the dunk contest has when u don't really have your superstars performing.

no griffey, no bonds, no papi.
    the line up sucks? Ill give you those big three guys not in it but come on Fielder, Vlad, Howard, Magglio, Morneau, Holliday, Rios and Pujols is one heck of a lineup. It sucks Cabrera got hurt cause he would have made it even better. I cant wait for it to start. Its 10 times better than the dunk contest. Ill be pulling for Fielder but it doesnt matter to me who wins cause i think its going to be an awsome night. The HR Derby is a great way to get the Allstar break started off.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaknb8k View Post
    the line up sucks? Ill give you those big three guys not in it but come on Fielder, Vlad, Howard, Magglio, Morneau, Holliday, Rios and Pujols is one heck of a lineup. It sucks Cabrera got hurt cause he would have made it even better. I cant wait for it to start. Its 10 times better than the dunk contest. Ill be pulling for Fielder but it doesnt matter to me who wins cause i think its going to be an awsome night. The HR Derby is a great way to get the Allstar break started off.
    i love it, i'm not saying that, but i think holliday and magglio are a little questionable for derby candidates if you ask me. what does holliday have 50 career home runs and only 15 this year? they could do better is all i'm saying. and magglio isn't really a guy that is fun to watch.

i love it, i'm not saying that, but i think holliday and magglio are a little questionable for derby candidates if you ask me. what does holliday have 50 career home runs and only 15 this year? they could do better is all i'm saying. and magglio isn't really a guy that is fun to watch.
    Holliday was a desperation pick cause of Cabrera. As of early this morning they still needed a player. Sizemore turned it down cause it was short notice. Magglio is having a good year so i understand him. Yeah there are definatly better players but because of the curcumstances (Magglio's good year/ Cabrera's Injury) ill let those two guys slide because of the great list of other players.

As much as I am against the use of steroids or any other kind of performance enhancing drugs, I have to admit that the home run derbies during the steroids era were much more fun to watch that nowadays. Some of the shows that McGwire and Sosa put on were quite memorable.

it depends on who says yes...Junior turned it down,along with Bonds

got alil captain in u?

my sleeper pick to win Alex Rios of the Blue Jays

Cmon Vlad I got $10 on him, 6/1 odds.
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

Quiet Reverence Vada Pinson Fan's Avatar

I think Prince Fielder has a good shot at winning the Derby. Right now player introductions are occuring as I type this. Chris Berman is fun to watch and listen to at Home Run Derby!!! ...and baseball in general!!! The man has talent!!!

Turn Off Ads?