Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dan Patrick leaving ESPN

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

Re: Dan Patrick leaving ESPN

lol buckwoody...but honestly where does DP go from here??? Obviously he would have to lay low for awhile...he has to have a no-compete in his contract....if he wants to go strictly radio--maybe someone could syndicate him from 3 - 6pm after Jim Rome...

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    <In Mike Myers/Linda Richman voice>

I'll give you a topic: the 2004 World Series of Poker on ESPN Classic is neither a classic nor a sport. Discuss.

I hate what they've done to ESPN Classic. Nothing but WSOP, PBA Bowling and Sportscentury. I used to love it when they showed that dopey "Sports Challenge" game show hosted by Dick Enberg and his awesomely bad suits, with contestants like Mickey Mantle and Johnny Bench. I loved the old grainy "Home Run Derby" show. And I even loved seeing footage from old - you know, classic - games.

But I digress. I liked Patrick when he teamed with Olbermann but thought he was just ok on his radio show. Good luck to him though.

Can we get him to take Berman with him?

You read my mind.

Dan Patrick (Pugh) should be the one staying, and Berman should be the one leaving. Berman is ridiculously past his prime. Nothing would make me happier than knowing Chris Berman is off ESPN.

Good Luck to Dan, he's gonna be great in whatever he does.

What if he took Gary Burbank's spot?

Hygiene Beyond Reproach ThatPitchIsDunn's Avatar

This is kind of a wacky thought, but what about late night for DP? I don't know who's replacing Conan once he takes over for Leno in 09, but seeing Dan behind the scenes on a lot of 6pm Sportscenters, he'd be great in that role. He's already an awesome interviewer, very charismatic and funny and quite likeable.

I've heard the PiR rumors as well, and that would certainly suit him too. A consummate professional, we're gonna miss him in Bristol.
    No one expects the butterfly

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Maybe this is a good move for him, bad for ESPN that they lose one of the few quality people they had left, but it could turn out good. I hope that he just lands on another network for his radio show, maybe Fox Sports radio or something. Just as long as he's still somewhere on XM so I can tune in occasionally while I'm driving.

Atleast Kenny Mayne is still around.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

But he still wasn't good enough to work local Dayton TV...
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    And Stewart Scott (and the Schwab).
    Charles?

Maybe he's going to re-team with Dibble on Fox or XM!

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Maybe he can join Olbermann on his show and re-create the magic of Sportscenter's Golden Age?
    /r/reds

I think he roomed with Mike McConnell at UD (did someone already mention that?) and with Mike's gig on XM (besides the WLW thing), maybe he will come to WLW if he can get the same deal.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

I don't know who's replacing Conan once he takes over for Leno in 09
    I don't think Leno is really going to leave in 2009. Many think that was just a way to hold Conan.

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

I didn't think I saw this in the thread - but did he say what he's doing and when he's leaving?

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19 View Post
    I didn't think I saw this in the thread - but did he say what he's doing and when he's leaving?
    Nothing on what he's doing. Seems to be a "free agent" at this point. His last show is August 17th.

His kids have reached the age where they are involved in lots of activities. I imagine he has decided he doesn't want to miss seeing them grow up. It wouldn't surprise me to see him do something lower key for a while.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Turn Off Ads?