Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Justin Germano

Re: Justin Germano

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    This thread seems to be festering a little too long in here...

I have a feeling every 5 days we'll be hearing either

"Germano pitched well....Krivsky's an idiot"

or

"See, I told you he'd revert back to his norms"

It's because Cormier is gone from the team. It was a trade that seemed good at the time. Cormier had good stats at the time of the trade, and totally tanked after we received him in the trade. I believe Krivsky signed him to a 2-year contract, and we will be paying the rest of that this year. Germano hadn't been overwhelming at the time of the trade, but has really improved this year. Wayne Krivsky has made a lot of bad moves in acquring bullpen help, and the only good one that worked out (and this is debatable) was getting Eddie Guardado. Eddie worked great as a closing pitcher last year before he got hurt, but I still wish we had the starting pitcher we traded him for. This is how I feel about Germano. I wish Krivsky could have done better in that trade, and I hope he'll fully evaluate our minor league players before he trades someone from our minor league system again.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Has anyone found a link about the Padres GM's desire to trade for another starter? Yahoo Sports is showing that in their Fantasy Baseball news. The implication is that Germano's days in the rotation are numbered.

yeah he has realy stunk almost as good as belisle, or lohse

Germano continues to struggle. From Wednesday night (7/25):

5 IP, 6 ER, 2 HR, 1 BB, 1 K.

After starting 5-0, he's 1-5 over his last 7 starts. His ERA is up to 4.20. I wonder if he might be done in San Diego.
    Last edited by durl; 07-26-2007 at 02:29 PM.

You said Belisle: Did you mean to say Germano? I don't think Belisle is pitching for the Padres.

Quote Originally Posted by durl View Post
    Belisle continues to struggle. From Wednesday night (7/25):

5 IP, 6 ER, 2 HR, 1 BB, 1 K.

After starting 5-0, he's 1-5 over his last 7 starts. His ERA is up to 4.20. I wonder if he might be done in San Diego.
    Those are Germano's numbers.

He is finally coming back to Earth and showing exactly why multiple teams have traded him away. His stuff is mediocre and he will never be more than a long-reliever or back of the rotation starter, at best.

Corrected. My bad....I did mean Germano.

B-R park adjusts Justin Germano in GABP to...

78.1 IP 84 H 39 K 10 HR 5.17 ERA

Heres an idea, the phillies released Germano so its not just us that thought he wasnt going to ever be much. Why must you guys live in the past and still talk about this kid.

Turn Off Ads?