Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Why wasn't Ben Kozlowski given more chance to succeed?

Why wasn't Ben Kozlowski given more chance to succeed?

Many liked him alot when he was here. He did good last year (after we traded him after a game or two, for Cody Ross.) He's having a good year this year:

51 IP, 49 H, 52 K

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...pbp&pid=420684

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Why wasn't Ben Kozlowski given more chance to succeed?

Well, for starters, in the 9.1 innings he pitched for Louisville last year, he allowed 23 hits, 13 earned runs, and had 3 strikeouts. Over 32.1 innings, he had 16 strikeouts, and for a power pitcher without much control, that is quite underwhelming. The Reds traded him for Cody Ross (who was traded for cash), so I'd say it was a good move by the Reds unless Kozlowski shows consistent production in the Major Leagues (and I'm skeptical of that happening).

Looks like AAA fodder to me.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Kearns View Post
    Looks like AAA fodder to me.
    I think "fodder" should be on the restricted list of words men should never say.

I'd agree with that, but Austin Kearns said it while drinking beer, playing poker, womanizing, fixing his monster truck, and listening to AC/DC.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    I'd agree with that, but Austin Kearns said it while drinking beer, playing poker, womanizing, fixing his monster truck, and listening to AC/DC.
    More like drinking a peach cooler, playing canasta with his grandma, fixing his tricycle while listening to Barry Manilow singing a jazz version of Copacabana.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    More like drinking a peach cooler, playing canasta with his grandma, fixing his tricycle while listening to Barry Manilow singing a jazz version of Copacabana.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Well, for starters, in the 9.1 innings he pitched for Louisville last year, he allowed 23 hits, 13 earned runs, and had 3 strikeouts. Over 32.1 innings, he had 16 strikeouts, and for a power pitcher without much control, that is quite underwhelming. The Reds traded him for Cody Ross (who was traded for cash), so I'd say it was a good move by the Reds unless Kozlowski shows consistent production in the Major Leagues (and I'm skeptical of that happening).
    OK, but that was 9 and a third innings. Not a monumental sample size, and he's had more of a track record of success than failure.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    You well know that grandma lives on the other side of Canada!

But I can't deny the rest....
    Last edited by Patrick Bateman; 07-12-2007 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190 View Post
    OK, but that was 9 and a third innings. Not a monumental sample size, and he's had more of a track record of success than failure.
    True, but he would had to have pitched about 26 consecutive scoreless innings to get his ERA down to where it currently is. I don't blame the Reds for giving up on him (even though they didn't really--they traded him for a somewhat productive player). Heck, for all we know, Kozlowski may have requested a change of scenery.

5oo K for a guy who won't sniff MLB ball ? I would say that was an excellent use of assets. Plus add to the fact the Koz had arm history problems add that to the Reds coaching and yes it was a very wise move! (god I am loving the exclamation mark tonight)
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat View Post
    5oo K for a guy who won't sniff MLB ball ? I would say that was an excellent use of assets. Plus add to the fact the Koz had arm history problems add that to the Reds coaching and yes it was a very wise move! (god I am loving the exclamation mark tonight)
    I don't think it'd be right to say Kozlowski won't be given a shot at the majors. He's left handed and K's guys.

Turn Off Ads?