Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bruce to AAA?

Re: Bruce to AAA?

I would guess right since Dickerson is in center. Who knows though, with mini-Narron down there. I hope Bruce is in the lineup tonight, though I doubt it. Bruce, Bailey, and Votto all in the same game. Looks like Cincinnati in 2008!
    Last edited by 11larkin11; 07-12-2007 at 02:10 PM.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

2. Turn Off Ads?

I like Bruce in AAA. Keep him there til the end of the year. Maybe a September callup to the Reds only if he continues to hit in AAA like he has in AA.

I think its looking more and more like he will be patrolling GAB on a regular basis before next summer.
    Go BLUE!!!

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Well, they SAY it's temporary, but I'm not so sure...
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IslandRed View Post
    I am with you completely.

The Bats had Anderson Machado playing RF before the break. I think that's where Bruce will play.

So this is more of a test, and not really a promotion if he's only supposed to be up for a week, kind of like Cueto a month ago or whatever it was.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    So this is more of a test, and not really a promotion if he's only supposed to be up for a week, kind of like Cueto a month ago or whatever it was.
    They are claiming its just because the Bats need players.... but for position players I don't see many teams doing this with players like Jay Bruce. And when I say many teams, I mean any.

I don't know if I buy the entire thing. If Jay goes up there for lets say 6 or 7 games and hits .300 with a HR or two and plays solid, then I think the Reds will actually keep him there.

Just my guess.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IslandRed View Post
    Temporary as in....when a spot opens up in the outfield for the Reds temporary, or temporary as in......give him a taste, see what he does, and then send him back to AA if he's overmatched temporary...?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Temporary as in....when a spot opens up in the outfield for the Reds temporary, or temporary as in......give him a taste, see what he does, and then send him back to AA if he's overmatched temporary...?
    I think its more along the lines of 'right now its as a fill in' but if he hits I wonder how much it will change their tune?

Bruce is now on the Louisville Roster.

Bailey, Bruce and Votto are now all on the same team. Maybe Reds should televise the Louisville game tonight instead of the major league tilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Bruce is now on the Louisville Roster.

Bailey, Bruce and Votto are now all on the same team. Maybe Reds should televise the Louisville game tonight instead of the major league tilt.
    No kidding. I'd love to see the Bats game tonight.

I'm with Doug on this if Jay Bruce is comfortable at Louisville over the next week or so chances are he'll remain there. Watching the Bats games and seeing Machado in rf made me wonder how long before Bruce would be brought up.

If Cueto puts together a couple more outstanding starts you could well see him at Louisville soon.

The Chattanooga announcer was talking about Jay Bruce a few days ago , he says he's the real deal and could hit in Cincy right now but would struggle against quality lefties. Also said the same thing announcers at the futures game on ESPN said when Jay Bruce hits the ball it has a sound different from when most batters hit a ball. Steve Phillips and Gary Thorne called Jay and Justin Upton the 2 best prospects in the minors complete players. Phillips was the Mets former GM, I trust he knows what he is saying when he heaped the praise on Jay Bruce.

If you have the milb package the Louisville game should be on the video portion tonight its a home game. Starts at 7:05 hopefully both Bruce and Votto will be in the lineup Bailey will be on the mound. Chase Wright a 24 year old lefty , 6-3 with a 4.08 era will be working for the Yankees AAA team.
    Last edited by indy_dave00; 07-12-2007 at 03:06 PM.

FYI, the Bats are facing lefty Chase Wright tonight, a quality lefty who's seen time with the Yankees this year. Probably best described as a crafty lefty, not a big strikeout guy. Should be a good initial test for Bruce.

...if he plays....which if he does, ill be listening to the Big Three while watching the Reds
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

Fay's blog update.

Jay Bruce, the Reds No. 1 position player prospect, is going to Triple-A Louisville -- temporarily. He's with the Bats while Dewayne Wise is on the DL.

Even the short stint shows that the Reds have a lot of confidence in Bruce. Not many guys can hold their own in Triple A at 20.

What if he's hitting .400 when Wise gets healthy?

"That's something we'll have to decide at the time," player development director Terry Reynolds said.

My guess is if Bruce does well in Louisville, we'll see him in the Cincinnati in September.

Turn Off Ads?