Turn Off Ads?

Thread: More Griffey than you ever wanted to know

More Griffey than you ever wanted to know

Hey... I've been posting on here for like 5 years now (I did the lettering on the logo!). But for those of you who don't know me well, I'm Ace and I work for Cincinnati.Com. One of the projects I took on recently, mostly because it sounded fun, was creating a data project centered around Griffey's chase for 600. So, I've created a search interface where you can look at an insane amount of data on each of his 586 HR's. Pitch count, location, inning, pitcher, opponent, game outcome, etc. Also, for about 50 so far, I've dug up an actual photo of the HR.

Anyway, It's still in Beta as I play around with it. I was hoping you guys would want to Beta Test it: http://dunes.cincinnati.com/data/misc/griffey/

If you have any suggestions, thoughts, etc... or just want to ask me a question about Cincinnati.Com.. please do so below! I'm excited for someone to try it and tell me what they think!

EDIT: Oh yeah, the photos are only on about 50 of them so far, but I'll be adding more over the next couple of days!
    Last edited by Aceking; 07-12-2007 at 11:57 AM.
    http://www.ohiosportsfans.com
    GREAT BENGALS FORUM!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: More Griffey than you ever wanted to know

That's pretty cool I'll help as much as I can
    Most Vottomatic Player

That's pretty cool I bet it would be hard to get most of those pictures of him hitting the home runs except the major milestones and what not.
    Most Vottomatic Player

I have access to The Enquirer's archives... which means eventually I'll get just about everything from his time in Cincy. The Mariners stuff, which would have to be Associated Press, will be difficult to find.
    http://www.ohiosportsfans.com
    GREAT BENGALS FORUM!

Really awesome, Ace. Good job.
    Hide your power alleys; Hide your wife

Talkin' Baseball

When I saw this thread title, I thought it might involve gratuitous photos of his posterior or something.. nice work.

Quiet Reverence Vada Pinson Fan's Avatar

Very worthy project Ace! I enjoyed looking at a few of the stats and photos of Junior's blasts.

Nice job!

Turn Off Ads?