Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Dish network to start carrying Reds games in HD

Dish network to start carrying Reds games in HD

Just a note for those of you with Dish network starting today they are going to start carrying FSN Ohio in HD for the Reds games that are broadcast in HD. Those of us with Time Warner are still stuck with no HD but I thought I would let those of you with Dish know. I think Friday's night's game is in HD on FSN.

I just read the article further and while Dish network has signed an agreement to start showing the Reds games in HD they may not start showing them until August.
    Last edited by Reds Fanatic; 07-12-2007 at 04:02 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dish network to start carrying Reds games in HD

I can also add that DirecTV will show occassional Reds HD games on either channel 94 or 95. If the game is available in FSN-HD, I always check to see what HD baseball games are available on 94 or 95. I've seen 3 or 4 so far but only realized this was possible a month or so ago.

That is outstanding news. I just got Dish Network HD and I love it, but watching the reds nightly in standard sucks. I have noticed at least on my tv that the color Red just beems out of the tv and thought how great the Reds games would be. I hope this is true. This is fantastic news.

Thanks. I can go to bed now happy and have sweet dreams of the Reds in HD>
    And This One Belongs to the REDS!!!

Directv just successfully launched a new satellite last week, the one that's supposed to enable them to increase their HD offerings by a bunch this fall. From what I'm reading at places like dbstalk.com, it also means that they'll have a channel devoted entirely to FSN Ohio-HD by the end of the year. That would mean that next year, whenever FSN shows a Reds game in HD, it would be on Directv for sure. Hopefully FSN will increase the number of Reds game they do in HD beyond the 35 they're doing this year.

I don't yet have Directv's HD package or an HD receiver, but am I not correct in saying that not all the games that FSN has shown in HD have been carried on Directv this year?

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    I don't yet have Directv's HD package or an HD receiver, but am I not correct in saying that not all the games that FSN has shown in HD have been carried on Directv this year?
    Actually, no, according to this.
    http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...T04/707130375/
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

DirecTV and cable are busy arguing over who will add the most HD channels, meanwhile, DISH Network keeps racking 'em up. As if they weren't already the undisputed HD provider, now they have announced eight new regional HD sports channels that will launch tomorrow and seven new national HD channels in Auguest and September including; The History Channel HD and Discovery HD -- not to be confused with Discovery HD theater. Now, most of these channels require the latest MPEG4 equipment to enjoy, and we're not exactly sure what day you can expect to see the rest of these to pop up in your guide, but there is no doubt that anyone serious about HD, has to consider DISH as their provider.

The full list of new HD channels after the break.

Read -- DISH Press release
    Read -- Satelliteguys.us retailer chat coverageRegional HD networks to launch on 7/11/07
    SNY HD
    FSN Arizona HD
    FSN Northwest
    FSN Cincinnati
    FSN Pittsburgh
    FSN Detroit
    FSN North
    Sportstime Ohio

National HD channels to be added to the Dish HD package
    MHD
    Discover HD
    Learning Channel HD
    Animal Planet HD
    The Science Channel in HD
    GolfHD/VersusHD
    History Channel HD Which launches September 1st

I checked my channel guide on Dish and the Reds Mets game is listed on the new channel. I want to say 327 is the channel. Also all the Indians games are being shown in HDTV on their new channel. Great to see some of the Reds games on HDTV. I was thinking about giving it up since I can not get local channels yet on HDTV.
    Taylor High School
    Home of the "Yellowjackets"

Quote Originally Posted by 919191 View Post
    I think my use of double negatives made my comment difficult to decipher. Sorry 'bout that. What I was trying to say was, some Reds games that are in HD on FSN are not carried in HD on Directv. Anyway, the article confirms this, and that may have been what you were implying, 91...

DirecTV carries the Reds only periodically in the wide-screen format, as it "chooses the best HDTV game of the night," said Steve Liverani, FSNO general manager.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Quote Originally Posted by alexad View Post
    I checked my channel guide on Dish and the Reds Mets game is listed on the new channel. I want to say 327 is the channel. Also all the Indians games are being shown in HDTV on their new channel. Great to see some of the Reds games on HDTV. I was thinking about giving it up since I can not get local channels yet on HDTV.

SWEET! I can't wait to go home tonight and see if it is there and the others for that matter.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reds1 View Post
    but watching the reds nightly in standard sucks.
    I think that has more to do with the quality of the play than the quality of the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    I think that has more to do with the quality of the play than the quality of the picture.
    Not for me! I love watching the Reds. I just checked and the game is on the HD. It's 377 though. I also get Fox Sports MW which is Cardinals where I live and ESPN 2 was added along with all the others I listed earlier. I already have it set for watching. Can't wait to see it. I hate that Standard tv. Oh A& E is on HD so I can watch Gene Simmons Family Jewels now. LOL

Let me just say HD is awesome baby! The only bad thing is they only show game so you can't get Reds live pre or post game show and I was wanting to see the player of the game interview, etc. and it just blacks out. Strange. I deal with it though. Also, next game isn't on HD so it's back to Standard. The quality and game was so much better I found myself not FF as much.

Turn Off Ads?