Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Inside Edge Scouting

He sure could hit HalMorrisRules's Avatar

Inside Edge Scouting

I have never seen this website posted out here before and it is quite interesting.

Inside Edge Scouting

Lots of player ratings as far as balls in play and % of swings that make contact, etc.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Talkin' Baseball

Re: Inside Edge Scouting

Interesting. Just clicked around a little. Noticed that Edwin doesn't hit ball in the middle of the zone as well as the corners. Exact opposite of almost anyone else. Confirmed that Dunn hits homers and walks and not much else. Horrid with 2 strikes and doesn't do much with breaking balls. Hatte may not be glamorous but he has been a darn good hitter this year.

is this the same inside edge used in the 2k series for baseball?
    Hey Homer! If you can put it together, you'll put the Reds over the top....think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by jfleur87 View Post
    is this the same inside edge used in the 2k series for baseball?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by JLB5 View Post
    Interesting. Just clicked around a little. Noticed that Edwin doesn't hit ball in the middle of the zone as well as the corners. Exact opposite of almost anyone else. Confirmed that Dunn hits homers and walks and not much else. Horrid with 2 strikes and doesn't do much with breaking balls. Hatte may not be glamorous but he has been a darn good hitter this year.
    According to this, Dunn is extremely overrated here. And this is real life evidence here.

Boom Goes the Dynamite Screwball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190 View Post
    According to this, Dunn is extremely overrated here. And this is real life evidence here.
    I'm not so sure I want to lend too much credence to a system that ends up grading Scott Hatteberg better than Ken Griffey Jr.. Hatt is having a very good season, but Griffey is easily having the best year of anyone on the team.

Talkin' Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    I'm not so sure I want to lend too much credence to a system that ends up grading Scott Hatteberg better than Ken Griffey Jr.. Hatt is having a very good season, but Griffey is easily having the best year of anyone on the team.
    Well, judging by the way things are weighted, it is looking at things from more of a "pure hitter" perspective and I think Hatte has the edge there. It's not intended to rate who is having the "best season."

Not really, it just confirms he is a slugger. Dunn walks and crushes mistake pitches. We've know that for 5 years.

I thought some of the pitching results were interesting as well. Milton actually graded out very well. He gets ahead in the count, pitches effeciently, and strands runners. If he could keep from giving up gopher balls, he'd be pretty good. Stick him in a park like Petco and he'll be decent.

Well, judging by the way things are weighted, it is looking at things from more of a "pure hitter" perspective and I think Hatte has the edge there. It's not intended to rate who is having the "best season."

Not really, it just confirms he is a slugger. Dunn walks and crushes mistake pitches. We've know that for 5 years.

I thought some of the pitching results were interesting as well. Milton actually graded out very well. He gets ahead in the count, pitches effeciently, and strands runners. If he could keep from giving up gopher balls, he'd be pretty good. Stick him in a park like Petco and he'll be decent.
    And the least likely to give up a hard hit ball!?!

Boom Goes the Dynamite Screwball's Avatar

So you're telling me you agree with them and think Hatteberg is a better pure hitter than Ken Griffey Jr.?

Turn Off Ads?