Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Amateur Baseball Stadiums

Amateur Baseball Stadiums

I have always had a fascination with baseball stadiums, and the other day, I drove by the U of Penn baseball stadium (no good pics online). I thought it was neat, and kind of different. I was wondering if you guys had any favorite parks that are not MLB parks. Any really good college parks out there that are different than most? Or even minor league parks that are very different.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Amateur Baseball Stadiums

Evansville's Bosse Field is a great ballpark. It's the third oldest basepark still being used. It was also one of the ballparks used to film a League of Their Own and still has the 1940's era stuff from the movie painted around the stadium. When I visited there last year there was also an antique car show so it really felt like stepping back in time.

Southwest Ohio is lucky to have some very very nice college baseball facilities.

UC, Miami, Dayton and Wright State have all gotten new or very remodeled facilities in the past few years. Miami is my favorite of the bunch as it is a beautiful ballpark that has been well integrated with the feel of that part of their campus. Dayton's is equally nice, but it's location leaves something to be desired. It's right next to I-75 and can be quite noisy. Xavier's place is not new at all, but does have a very nice campus location.

That being said, I'm also an SEC guy and love almost every SEC facility. LSU and Mississippi State are fantastic. Combine all the great things about tailgating and pregame "festivities" of an SEC football game with a bit of baseball atmosphere and that's what you've got at those two places.

I also hear that Arkansas' new facility is AA-worthy. The pictures of the place on their website are impressive.

But here's my favorite:

I wish it looked that good when I was in school.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Check out the Rice University ballparck - Reckling Park. It is outstanding.

Here's Arky's place:

When all is said and done more is said than done.

Ya can't teach speed...

Ohio State's Bill Davis Stadium is very nice, although I think they've let the playing surface get away from them the last couple of years. Maybe just too much traffic during the summer. Also, Mississippi State with the outfield "stands" (I use the term loosely) is interesting. AZ State built into the side of a mountain is interesting. Pepperdine's view of the Pacific Ocean is probably the best view I've ever seen at a ball park,

OSU: http://admin.xosn.com/ViewArticle.db...&ATCLID=925243
    MSUL: http://www.mstateathletics.com/index...1#id=dnf&num=1
    Pepperdinehttp://admin.xosn.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=90171&SPID=10848&DB_OEM_ID= 18500&ATCLID=944222
    ASU:http://thesundevils.cstv.com/facilit...d-stadium.html
    Last edited by Triples; 07-13-2007 at 10:08 AM.

Cal has a nice place

Stanford's is better though

Ya can't teach speed...

Stanford looks alot like UCLA

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Cal has a nice place

Stanford's is better though

Turn Off Ads?