Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dunn tries to walk???

Dunn tries to walk???

This is just an observation and I have no stats to back this up...

But it just seems that sometimes when Dunn gets ahead in the count, he tries more for the BB rather than getting a pitch to hit.

Example-against Wagner tonight, 2-1 count, Billy throws a chest high FB right down Main and Dunn doesn't even think about it. Granted, maybe he was looking off speed, however, this seems to happen quite a bit. Does anyone out there see the same thing or is it just me???

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dunn tries to walk???

i think we all have stated for some time that he takes way to many pitches...so its either a walk, strikeout, or HR

Quote Originally Posted by Chi-Town Red View Post
    i think we all have stated for some time that he takes way to many pitches...so its either a walk, strikeout, or HR
    No doubt...however it struck me tonight....he doesn't take pitches looking for a pitch to hit...I think he may just be trying to draw a walk. Just my opinion.

I have noticed the same thing. Sometimes he doesn't look very aggessive at the plate. He sometimes looks like he is just taking pitches for no apparent reason. Maybe he is just looking for a certain pitch. I don't know what he is doing.

Counting sheep maybe? I know his pace for over 200 k's makes me want to count sheep FOREVER..

Yeah he didn't look great, but he was facing Billy Wagner. Who Does?

Quote Originally Posted by Ahhhorsepoo View Post
    Counting sheep maybe? I know his pace for over 200 k's makes me want to count sheep FOREVER..
    Yeah, cuz strikeouts have such a high correlation to run production.

Hatteberg is Sean Casey

It's true - where as most Home Run hitters swing away on 2-0 and 3-1 counts (See Griffey) Dunn seems to almost always be in take mode hitting most or all of his homers behind or even in the count. Personally I have a very high value of on base percentage and do not mind this strategy at all but I can see how some fans would be upset by this. Dunn's On base percentage would drop dramatically but imagine how many homers he could have being more agressive on 2-0 and 3-1 counts. With 2 or 3 runners on I would like to see Dunn be more aggressive where if he is leading off an inning I'm all for him taking all the way on 3-1 pitch.
    "YES! He rips it. Is it high enough? It's gonna be gone! Adam Dunn has done it again. Big #44 can take all day to round the bases here, thats done and gone- lookout dunner they're waitin for ya at home plate." - George Grand

"Did that just happen?" - Chris Welsch

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Yeah, cuz strikeouts have such a high correlation to run production.
    You = :deadhorse.

you are the other side of the coin, wherein the flip side says "Adam Dunn needs to see more pitches" and point to the Pitches seen per At Bat stat as something that is somehow seen in a Positive light.

Some - I mean MOST - people just can't find anything right with Adam Dunn.

Dude goes 1 for 1 with 3 BB"s and people are complaining that he PREFERS to take Walks now.

Un-B-Leave-A-Bull

PEACE

-BLEEDS

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190 View Post
    Hmmm, maybe if people wouldn't keep saying the same things despite proof to the contrary, I wouldn't have to keep responding.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Hmmm, maybe if people wouldn't keep saying the same things despite proof to the contrary, I wouldn't have to keep responding.
    Isn't there an emoticon with the smiley face with its hands over it ears, yelling to drown out what it doesn't want to hear?

There should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Isn't there an emoticon with the smiley face with its hands over it ears, yelling to drown out what it doesn't want to hear?

There should be.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190 View Post
    Nope....Dunn's K's = :deadhorse
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

I love his OBP...but if he were more aggresive, he could hit 60 and drive in 150

Turn Off Ads?