Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Votto to Left field..

Votto to Left field..

With Joey now playing Left field.. is this a fix for when we finally con someone into taking dunn, and using Votto in the outfield if we keep hatteberg and conine? That is the only logic I see coming out of it..

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Senor Votto

Re: Votto to Left field..

I doubt it

Which part??

Senor Votto

Votto playing left field for the Reds. I'm sure they'll keep him at first base 95% of the time when he's called up.

Something is wrong with the universe if we are trying to find someone to TAKE Dunn. If, Votto is up here, he is at 1B because Hatte and or Conine are gone.

Huh? Did I miss something? Since when has Votto been moved to LF?

I had heard that a few times, first being from a buddy 2 days ago.. they even mentioned it during the game tonight on TV..

He has played some left field in AAA- I have heard from some posters he is even worse than Dunn in LF. Of course, he is inexperienced at the position, and may improve with time.

High five!

He's played a handful of games out there to get a little experience. There was a recent interview where he talked about how it was going. He said that he's getting used to seeing the ball off the bat and taking good paths.

Hatteberg is good. But in my opinion, he's not good enough to block Votto at 1b. Votto being able to play in LF every once in a while is useful but asking a top prospect to learn another position shortly before his promotion to the show, is? I dont believe the Braves have yet to ask Saltamachia to switch, although if he stays he will have to. Don't think it is a very good idea to make a rookie play a foreign position in his first call-up.

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    He's played a handful of games out there to get a little experience. There was a recent interview where he talked about how it was going. He said that he's getting used to seeing the ball off the bat and taking good paths.

I think the main reason he's been out there is due to injury. The Bats have had big trouble keeping OF's healthy this year. At one point in time anybody with an OF glove will probably be given a chance. See the promotion of Bruce as evidence they need bodies.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by rotnoid View Post
    I think the main reason he's been out there is due to injury. The Bats have had big trouble keeping OF's healthy this year. At one point in time anybody with an OF glove will probably be given a chance. See the promotion of Bruce as evidence they need bodies.
    I think that's part of it too. Haven't they been running old Andy Machado out there?

Quote Originally Posted by summerplight View Post
    Hatteberg is good. But in my opinion, he's not good enough to block Votto at 1b. Votto being able to play in LF every once in a while is useful but asking a top prospect to learn another position shortly before his promotion to the show, is? I dont believe the Braves have yet to ask Saltamachia to switch, although if he stays he will have to. Don't think it is a very good idea to make a rookie play a foreign position in his first call-up.
    Also, I don't Salty is worth as much if he's not behind the dish. Then to me he just kinda reminds me of an early Matt Holliday or an Adam LaRoche on a good year. Good players mind you, but not the major all star he'd be if he were still catching.

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190 View Post
    Also, I don't Salty is worth as much if he's not behind the dish. Then to me he just kinda reminds me of an early Matt Holliday or an Adam LaRoche on a good year. Good players mind you, but not the major all star he'd be if he were still catching.
    I agree , and with McCann already in place it screams trade.

ORG Infidel

Quote Originally Posted by Ahhhorsepoo View Post
    With Joey now playing Left field.. is this a fix for when we finally con someone into taking dunn, and using Votto in the outfield if we keep hatteberg and conine? That is the only logic I see coming out of it..

The idea that we would have to con someone into taking Dunn is ridiculous. If the price were right there are any number of GM's that would love to have that kind of OBP in their lineup.

Turn Off Ads?