Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BA Midseason Organizational Reports are out...

BA Midseason Organizational Reports are out...

anyone care to share the Reds version (via pm)?
    Thanks.
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: BA Midseason Organizational Reports are out...

All I can say is that it isn't a surprise who the biggest disappointment is.

Is it the Reds?

Oh, wait, the biggest Reds organization disappointment?

Did they go with Bailey?

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Is it the Reds?

Did they go with Bailey?
    Not quite.

I'll guess..... Drew Stubbs

Fair use posting:

From BA: Reds Organization Report, By John Fay

Best Player: Outfielder Jay Bruce......(More)

Biggest Leap Forward: Righthander Richie Gardner ...(More)

Biggest Disappointment: Drew Stubbs ....(More)

RED HOTS
    Rick Burleson ...(More)

Kelly, a former big league catcher, was impressed with first-round pick Devin Mesoraco.....(More)
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Bailey should be the most dissappointing. His development has stagnated and he isn't any better than he was a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis View Post
    Bailey should be the most dissappointing. His development has stagnated and he isn't any better than he was a year ago.
    I agree with you here. I expected Bailey to continue putting it together and further solidifying his status as one of the best pitching prospects in baseball.

He still is, but this has been a failure of a season so far. I expected much more of Bailey than I did others (including Stubbs).

We all pretty much knew the answers already didn't we?

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Excuse my snickering about this comment from Terry Reynolds about the 2006 First Round pick.

"He's got to put the ball in play and use his ability to run," Reynolds said. "He hits a two-hopper to the shortstop and he's got a chance to beat it out."

What happened to the light tower power stuff? Now we're praying for a punch & judy Ichiro wanna be?

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19 View Post
    "He's got to put the ball in play
    ... they must have missed that when they scouted him.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Kearns View Post
    I agree with you here. I expected Bailey to continue putting it together and further solidifying his status as one of the best pitching prospects in baseball.

He still is, but this has been a failure of a season so far. I expected much more of Bailey than I did others (including Stubbs).
    Just b/c you hit a bump at the upper levels means nothing. It's not like he is thwarting the Reds postseason plans.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    Just b/c you hit a bump at the upper levels means nothing. It's not like he is thwarting the Reds postseason plans.
    That's not the point at all.

You were saying that you were not surprised that Stubbs was the biggest dissapointment. Considering you never thought much of him in the 1st place makes it hard for me to believe that you really consider his season dissapointing as much as expected.

Most people on the board have Bailey pegged as an elite prospect, and I'm simply saying that Bailey has nopt taken one positive step forward. His problems from last season (inconsistent command and lack of secondary pitches) have not been solved at all.

I'm not saying that he should have those problem areas fixed by now, but I find it disspointing that he has not taken a positive stride in either area. He is still basically the exact same putcher he was last season.

Bailey still has all of the talent in the world, and I expect him to improve with age, but are you really saying that you have been content with the way 2007 has gone with Bailey? I was hoping for the best pitching prospect the Reds have had in ages to improve, even just a little. Is that really an unreasonable projection for a top prospect?

Homer Bailey has looked lights-out at times, and absolutely terrible at others. I do expect him to be much improved in the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Kearns View Post
    That's not the point at all.

You were saying that you were not surprised that Stubbs was the biggest dissapointment. Considering you never thought much of him in the 1st place makes it hard for me to believe that you really consider his season dissapointing as much as expected.

Most people on the board have Bailey pegged as an elite prospect, and I'm simply saying that Bailey has nopt taken one positive step forward. His problems from last season (inconsistent command and lack of secondary pitches) have not been solved at all.

I'm not saying that he should have those problem areas fixed by now, but I find it disspointing that he has not taken a positive stride in either area. He is still basically the exact same putcher he was last season.

Bailey still has all of the talent in the world, and I expect him to improve with age, but are you really saying that you have been content with the way 2007 has gone with Bailey? I was hoping for the best pitching prospect the Reds have had in ages to improve, even just a little. Is that really an unreasonable projection for a top prospect?
    The list wasn't based on my personal feelings. It was based on the performance of each player in relation to the hopes of the team.

Anytime you have a top 10 pick fall on their face like he has, he's a shoe-in for biggest disappointment.

Bailey obviously isn't ready for a starring role on the big club. Stubbs obviously isn't ready for High A ball. Huge difference.
    Last edited by edabbs44; 07-14-2007 at 12:34 PM.

Turn Off Ads?