Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Should I give up Howard-Rios for Beltran-Hamels?

Should I give up Howard-Rios for Beltran-Hamels?

I have just been offered this trade, and I can't decide what to do.

I'm in a 12-person Head-to-Head league with 10 hitting categories (BA, HR, 3B, 2B, 1B, R, BB, RBI, SB, OPS) and 10 pitching categories (W, S, H, INN, Kd9, WHIP, ERA, FIP, QS, BAA). We start 9 hitters (the 8 positions + Util) and 8 P (5 SP, 3 RP). My starting lineup looks like this:

Varitek C
    Pujols 1B
    Phillips 2B
    B. Hall SS (A. Gonzalez as a sub during injury)
    D. Wright 3B
    A. Rios OF
    J. Hamilton OF (Freel as a sub during injury)
    C. Crawford OF
    R. Howard U

I. Snell P
    J. Vazquez P
    M. Mussina P
    B. Bonser P
    C. Billingsley P
    R. Betancourt RP
    D. Turnbow RP
    K. Gregg RP

Obviously, with this deal I would be trading from a position of strength (hitting) in order to get Hamels, the strikeout ace that my lineup sorely lacks. Still, it pains me to give up both Howard and Rios because I'm not sure that Beltran will provide me with enough offense in return.

I'm not worried about my keepers either way, because Pujols + Wright + Beltran (or Crawford) would still look mighty good next year.

What do you all think?
    Last edited by RedEye; 07-13-2007 at 05:00 PM.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

2. Turn Off Ads?
    uoduck1017

Re: Should I give up Howard-Rios for Beltran-Hamels?

I would do it because SP looks like the weakest spot of your team. I don't think your offense will take too much of a hit.

I'd just offer Howard and a non-starter for Hamels and somebody a bit better than the second player you're giving up...........I'd hang onto Rios.

Quote Originally Posted by REDblooded View Post
    I'd just offer Howard and a non-starter for Hamels and somebody a bit better than the second player you're giving up...........I'd hang onto Rios.

Agreed.... you can get a lot for Howard.... I just got Griffey/Hafner straight up for Howard.... I think you are underestimating his value. I'm not a Rios owner, but I think he has incredible potential as well.

Turn Off Ads?