Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: krivsky on WFAN

krivsky on WFAN

I am in NY, krivsky on the radio, said "deals will be made"
    said bailey needs work
    bragging about phillips acquisition
    the interviewer is quite unsophisticated, asking no questions about the reds bullpen, also praised freel, hopper

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: krivsky on WFAN

Quote Originally Posted by redsupport View Post
    I am in NY, krivsky on the radio, said "deals will be made"
    Im so impatient. Come on already. With Each passing day Im checking on redszone to see who he dealt and acquired. What a tease.

Quote Originally Posted by summerplight View Post
    Im so impatient. Come on already. With Each passing day Im checking on redszone to see who he dealt and acquired. What a tease.
    Yep. I have the same feelings.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Yep. I have the same feelings.
    But at the same time, I think the more Reds wait, the more other GMs may get panicked and give us a little more for Dunn/Weathers/Griffey/Hatte/Conine. I know there was the thread earlier which pretty much proved that it's very unlikely teams can build through deadline deals, but words can not describe how much I would love to land another ML ready arm who could be a 2-3, a young SS and a C. I feel that if we could add some younger parts, this team could be pretty solid when Bailey, Cueto, Bruce and Votto are ready.

got alil captain in u?

i totally agree the more we wait someone will call and overspend for one of our veterans. Krivsky would be smart to hold his cards till close to the deadline unless someone calls with a can't pass up deal.

Quote Originally Posted by summerplight View Post
    Why is it so critical that a trade be made? Assuming that players of equal value change teams what does it accomplish? The only way it helps Cincy is if Krivsky gets the better of the deal, and we've seen the results of his trades - win some, lose some.

Do you really think losing the likes of Adam Dunn, Ken Griffey Jr., or Scott Hatteberg in 2007 is going to make the Reds a better team in 2008? Those are huge holes to fill. Granted, our pitching is abysmal and could use a lot of help but I don't have a lot of faith in Krivsky's acumen after the deal with Washington last year.

Why is it so critical that a trade be made? Assuming that players of equal value change teams what does it accomplish? The only way it helps Cincy is if Krivsky gets the better of the deal, and we've seen the results of his trades - win some, lose some.
    It seems a reasonable course of action for a club with a surplus of talent in one area, to deal some of that surplus in an effort to shore up a weak area on the ballclub. If Reds' management truly believes that the likes of Joey Votto and Jay Bruce will become productive major-league hitters then moving a bat or two from the big club is not so outlandish of an idea.

Do you really think losing the likes of Adam Dunn, Ken Griffey Jr., or Scott Hatteberg in 2007 is going to make the Reds a better team in 2008? Those are huge holes to fill. Granted, our pitching is abysmal and could use a lot of help but I don't have a lot of faith in Krivsky's acumen after the deal with Washington last year.
    Does anyone think that going to battle next year with the current roster is a wise idea? An all-out fire sale may not be imminent, but moves have to be made. The current construction of this ballclub isn't going to contend next year either. This underscores the importance of a well-stocked farm system. It enables the GM to make moves. Let's hope WK makes some wise ones.

it is still 2 1/2 weeks until the deadline....nothing is going to happen for at least another 10 days

part of BBN

I dont think a complete overhaul is in order but as TD said...some would help.
    Nothing against Hatt but they can put Votto at first tonight as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    It seems a reasonable course of action for a club with a surplus of talent in one area, ......
    That's exactly my point. The Reds don't have a surplus of talent that I can see. Any of the guys that are supposedly on the trade block (Dunn, Griffey, Hatteberg) would be key players on the 2008 team. I don't see anybody in the Reds minors that is going to come close to filling the holes left by these guys.

It's tempting to want to trade Jr. now that he's back in peak form, but at around $9M a year he's really a bargain. We suffered with his salary when he was hurt all those years, lets finally get some benefit for all that money spent over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldez View Post
    That's exactly my point. The Reds don't have a surplus of talent that I can see. Any of the guys that are supposedly on the trade block (Dunn, Griffey, Hatteberg) would be key players on the 2008 team. I don't see anybody in the Reds minors that is going to come close to filling the holes left by these guys.

It's tempting to want to trade Jr. now that he's back in peak form, but at around $9M a year he's really a bargain. We suffered with his salary when he was hurt all those years, lets finally get some benefit for all that money spent over the years.
    Jay Bruce can fill one of the OF holes for sure, although i am against trading both Dunn and Junior...Hattey can go and bring up Votto...he will be here next year anyway

ORG Infidel

There will not be a firesale. The team is a work in progress, not a finished product that you blow up and start over. You definitley move some of the older guys like Hatteberg and Conine, but you keep the younger core in place and bring up some of the youngsters to get some MLB experience going into next year. We are not nearly as far from contention as many on this forum think.

Quote Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
    There will not be a firesale. The team is a work in progress, not a finished product that you blow up and start over. You definitley move some of the older guys like Hatteberg and Conine, but you keep the younger core in place and bring up some of the youngsters to get some MLB experience going into next year. We are not nearly as far from contention as many on this forum think.
    What flavor of Kool-Aid is Wayne and BCast serving?
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
    He may not be that far off the mark with regards to there not being a firesale.
    I only disagree over the reason why it might not happen. The final quiz question will be "what is player "x's" FMV where Fair Market Value is what a willing seller (Reds) will take and what a willing buyer will pay with neither the buyer or seller under any obligation to buy or sell.

This late in the month I do not see any teams opening up their checkbooks and going hog wild over any player that this board has mentioned in the last month.

There seems to be little movement of the trade winds this year anywhere in MLB.

If one of the Reds can really a contending team that Needs their skills , there is no reason for them to wait until the last week to make the deal happen. Get him on board a week or two ago and let him start earning his keep.

Now, the other type of trade is one where a Red might be able to help a contender. In that case, if the price is right, then they will make a deal.

Lastly, and least desireable situation, is where a contender knows that the Reds really need to move a player or two that would be useful to them, but are waiting for management to be more desperate to move the player in question. This is by far the worst case scenario for Reds Fans, but I'm starting to feel that this is the position that the organization is really in now.

Right now it is not a pretty sight from this vantage point, I sincerely hope that my gut feeling is wrong this time.

ORG Infidel

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    What flavor of Kool-Aid is Wayne and BCast serving?
    I am FAR from a kool aid drinker. I have criticized the org many times. The fact is we have the makings of a servicable to good rotation, have a very good albeit inconsistent at times lineup and have rebuilt a very bad farm system.

You can't fix an entire organization over night. You can however contend in a year or two with a few key additions to the current personnel. A firesale means you wipe everything out and start all over again. Abandoning the rebuilding plan at this point would be reactionary and counter productive.

Turn Off Ads?