Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gonzalez back on bereavement list

Gonzalez back on bereavement list

From John Fays blog:

Gonzalez back on bereavement

Alex Gonzalez was a late scatch from the lineup. He was placed on the bereavement list. He's returned home to attend to his infact son, who is ill again.

Gonzalez missed five days in April to be with the boy.

Pedro Lopez started at shortstop in Gonzalez's absence. It was Lopez's first action as a Red.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar

Re: Gonzalez back on bereavement list

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    From John Fays blog:

What? No Castro?

Hah! See, the only way to get managers to not play Castro is for him to get hurt. That's sad.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

I'm afraid Gonzalez' baby may be seriously ill.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

You know, these problems with his child have to have an effect on his concentration.

It's probably why he's made an uncharacteristic amount of errors this season.

You really have to feel for the guy.
    "We know we're better than this, but we can't prove it." - Tony Gwynn

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    You know, these problems with his child have to have an effect on his concentration.

It's probably why he's made an uncharacteristic amount of errors this season.

You really have to feel for the guy.
    I absolutely agree and have had this conversation with several friends. IMHO, AGLOVE just hasn't seemed to have his head here in Cincy for most of the season. I think if true, it's perfectly understandable. How could his son's health issues not effect his performance?

I'm really rooting for his family.
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    I'm afraid Gonzalez' baby may be seriously ill.
    When he returned last time, I remember Chris Welsh saying his son was better but still "not well". I've never heard what the ailment is, but yeah, it sounded to me like it is serious.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Sad news
    Go Gators!

In April, the child was 7 months old, so that would make him 10 months old.

The baby had a tracheotomy in January. It's serious.
    Last edited by oneupper; 07-14-2007 at 07:44 PM.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

Terrible news. I cannot come close to imagining what he has been going through this season. Pretty much puts things into perspective.

Yeah ... hard enough to have a child face that kind of illness ... but to be away from the family while you work in another country ... has to be even harder.

Quote Originally Posted by SandyD View Post
    Yeah ... hard enough to have a child face that kind of illness ... but to be away from the family while you work in another country ... has to be even harder.
    I believe that Alex's son is being treated in Miami. Not sure if the family has a second home here (Miami), but its likely.

Alex will probably rejoin the club when they come in next Thursday (or fly up to Atlanta).

I can't imagine anything worse for a family to be going through. I really hope everything works out for Alex and his son.

I wonder why he wants to keep the condition secret? Whatever, I guess he has his reasons and I wouldn't wish this on anyone...

GONZO UPDATE: Shortstop Alex Gonzalez, who went on the bereavement list, is expected to rejoin the Reds on Tuesday in Atlanta.

He returned to Cincinnati to be with his infant son, Johan, who is in Children's Hospital.

Turn Off Ads?