Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bobby Livingston will get Bailey's next 2 starts.

Bobby Livingston will get Bailey's next 2 starts.

I read on the ORG that Livingston will be called up and get Homer Bailey's next 2 starts. Homer Bailey had a bad start in AAA, but I am a bit surprised by this. So let's talk about Bobby Livingston and how long Bailey will be in AAA

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bobby Livingston will get Bailey's next 2 starts.

I think this is premature unless someone can provide a link.

C. Trent says that Livingston will be called up to take Gonzalez's place while he is on bereavement leave.

I know he's strugled at bit at times this year but I wanna see what Phil Dumatrait's got.

got alil captain in u?

i have no problem with it livingstons last start he made in the majors against the rockies was a dandy. Let homer continue to develop his other pitches other than the heater.

Livingston deserves another shot. I also would like to see what Phil Dumatrait can do. This season is over, so lets see what we have. I really dont care if Homer stays in AAA the rest of the year, but i think we will see him back in Sept if not sooner

I don't want to see Dumatrait........I'd rather see him packaged with Dunn to get back something young and decent before other GM's figure out he stinks.

Quiet Reverence Vada Pinson Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chi-Town Red View Post
    Livingston deserves another shot. I also would like to see what Phil Dumatrait can do. This season is over, so lets see what we have. I really dont care if Homer stays in AAA the rest of the year, but i think we will see him back in Sept if not sooner
    I agree with you completely Chi-Town. After the anticipated trades of Dunn, Hatteberg, Lohse, possibly Edwin Encarnacion and David Weathers (I'd keep Weathers unless bowled over by a great offer) and Griffey. I don't want to see Junior go but his value will never be higher here and KGJ doesn't need/deserve to be on this team as it turns to a youth movement. It's time to bring up Joey Votto, Phil Dumatrait, (Homer Bailey again) as well as keep Bobby Livingston, Pedro Lopez and Jeff Keppinger up here for a thorough evaluation. With the expanded roster/Sept.call-ups - bring up Jay Bruce and Johnny Cueto.

If Krivsky listens to his scouts/advisors this time, the Reds could do a very nice restocking and retooling of the roster as well as addressing pressing needs beginning with the 2008 season starting ASAP and into the free agency period.

Let's hope Wayne Krivsky doesn't pull the trigger with any of these teams until "crunch-time".

One last point. I really hope the Reds don't include any cash in an Adam Dunn deal to offset his contract. Same with Griffey's contract. WK has already squandered enough of Castellini's money on extended contracts. The Reds obviously need every dollar available to land pitching and with the way our unpredictable offense goes: some hitting too.

I hope the Reds won't have to rely on Bobby Livingston and Phil Dumatrait to start games for them after the trade deadline. That would mean that the Reds will be in an even deeper hole because they won't have done very well with their returns on the players they deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    I hope the Reds won't have to rely on Bobby Livingston and Phil Dumatrait to start games for them after the trade deadline. That would mean that the Reds will be in an even deeper hole because they won't have done very well with their returns on the players they deal.
    Whatever the return is on any trade, it's highly doubtful it will be players that can step in and help right away.

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by Vada Pinson Fan View Post
    If Krivsky listens to his scouts/advisors this time, the Reds could do a very nice restocking and retooling of the roster as well as addressing pressing needs beginning with the 2008 season starting ASAP and into the free agency period.
    How do we know we didn't listen to them last time?

We all hold are breath to see the return on a WK trade is. Im not expecting much, so if it should turn out great, it will be a plus!

ORG Infidel

Quote Originally Posted by REDblooded View Post
    I don't want to see Dumatrait........I'd rather see him packaged with Dunn to get back something young and decent before other GM's figure out he stinks.

If your average layperson knows he stinks other GM's would know it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    I think this is premature unless someone can provide a link.

C. Trent says that Livingston will be called up to take Gonzalez's place while he is on bereavement leave.
    I know Livingston will get the next start.I read that on Reds.com I read on the Old Red Guard that he will get Homer Bailey's next 2 starts.Read the thread on ORG yourself. After all, if you can't trust ORG, who can you trust?

This is my view on it. Homer Bailey hurt himself with the Reds organization with his last start in AAA. There are rumors he threw a fit because he was sent down during his start, and this move is designed to send a message to Homer to straighten himself out. I believe Livingston is up to show he belongs in the Red rotation. I think Lohse will be traded by the deadline, and Livingston will show whether or not he is a AAAA starting pitcher, or actually is good enough to make the back end of the Reds rotation.

Talkin' Baseball

Livingston is listed as a projected starter for the FLA series on the Reds' website. Homer is scheduled to pitch tomorrow. I think if he is coming right back, he will make his next start in the home opener against MIL. Homer would get 1 extra day of rest and it would be a good break for the current rotation with no off days until July 30.

Turn Off Ads?