Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The 2007 Prospect Draft

Re: The 2007 Prospect Draft

No OesterPoster response.

Man, this draft is really stalling.

Any ideas on what we should do?

Should we just continue on through the draft order until someone makes a pick, and then offer the remainder (after everyone has drafted) to those that we skipped?
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I think maybe we should go with a time limit of say, 8 hours. Send a PM to everyone currently involved and let them know of the rules and pick a time to get started with it. Obviously the time limit is probably only good from say 8am-10pm or so. If people don't respond or fail to make their pick, move on to the next guy.

Just my suggestion.

Does anyone else have ideas? Does anyone else want to continue drafting?

Yes I want to continue
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

I'd like to continue drafting.

I understand everyone is busy, but I find it pretty irresponsible how some of these members have been treating the draft. It's a job that requires a decent amount of work, and I'm appreciative of the work Red Leader does to run this thing. It would be nice if those who committed to the draft actually followed through and participated.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

I think I'm after Oester. I only want my one guy so pass on by me.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

I'd like to continue drafting.

Ok, here's how we're going to do it. We're going to start over (kind of).

Those that would like to draft and are able to participate in this draft for the rest of this week, post here and let me know of your interest (this includes anyone new that didn't get in on the draft when we originally started it). If you've posted that you'd like to continue on the this page or the last page, you don't need to post again. We'll take today until 4pm to see who's still interested in drafting and can make it in here to make their picks in a (somewhat) timely fashion. Starting at 4pm we'll resume the draft and hopefully we can get through this. Those that have not posted their interest in continuing to draft will be removed from the draft order. All players drafted to this point will remain property of the person that has drafted them regardless if they are going to continue or not.

Sound ok with everyone?
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

]1) OesterPoster - PASS

2) BoydsofSummer - PASS

3) Austin Kearns - will continue to draft.

4) cincyinco - will continue to draft.

5) RedLegsToday - will continue to draft.

6) Mario-Rijo - one more pick

7) 11larkin11 - PASS

8) Reds Fanatic - PASS

9) SandyD - will continue to draft

10) Kitty Duran - will continue to draft

11) dabvu2498 - PASS

12) reds44 - will continue to draft

13) cincy09 - will continue to draft.

14) Gallen5862 - will continue to draft.

15) camisadelgolf - will continue to draft.

16) dougdirt - will continue to draft

17) HBP - PASS

18) Shaknb8k
    Last edited by Red Leader; 07-26-2007 at 02:31 PM.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Also, if you choose to continue drafting, we're going to put a time limit on your pick. You will have 4 hours to post your pick from when the last person makes their selection. I will send PM's to the next person to draft after a selection is made letting you know you are on the clock. If you do not make your pick within 4 hours, we are going to assign you the worst prospects in baseball and you will have to report on them (Pete Rose Jr, Matt Boone types). Ah, maybe we won't go that far, but if you don't make your pick within 4 hours we reserve the right to remove you from the draft, forfeiting future picks.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

RL -- I am going to opt out as I am getting ready to leave for 10 days. Plus, I've not been very good at keeping updates on my picks from last year anyway.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    RL -- I am going to opt out as I am getting ready to leave for 10 days. Plus, I've not been very good at keeping updates on my picks from last year anyway.
    No more Commodores in the Reds minor league system, eh? Just kidding. Thanks for letting me know, dabvu, and enjoy your time away...
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I am in.

Might I make a suggestion that since we are going to have a 4 hour time limit that you send a PM to the next TWO people to draft, so that even the second person has a little bit of time to know that they eitehr need to log in or pm you back with who they would like rather than get passed up becuase they had somewhere to be or something.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I am in.

Might I make a suggestion that since we are going to have a 4 hour time limit that you send a PM to the next TWO people to draft, so that even the second person has a little bit of time to know that they eitehr need to log in or pm you back with who they would like rather than get passed up becuase they had somewhere to be or something.
    Good idea. I'll do that, and up you one. I'll send a PM to the next 3 people letting them know who is on the clock and who the next two to draft after them is:

Similar to:

dougdirt - on the clock
    Red Leader - on deck
    dabvu - in the hole.

That should help, IMO.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I'm in...
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Turn Off Ads?