Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 07-17-2007 Minor League Updates

High five!

Re: 07-17-2007 Minor League Updates

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    So were the reports of 98 and 97 last year just exaggerations or has Homer lost 3-4 MPH on his fastball?
    I don't know. I'm just saying that the only time I heard speed mentioned the announcers said 94. He did seem to be working on breaking pitches, in my opinion so that may've been why they didn't mention anything else.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I seem to recall everybody here complaining because the Reds were taking too long to bring Homer up. In fact there were plenty of people who stated that they should have brought him up last year. Now its just the opposite. Everyone is taking the position that he never should have been brought up in the first place. This is what we call "redboarding"
    Last edited by Mutaman; 07-17-2007 at 10:29 PM.

High five!

Votto drives in a run on a broken bat Texas leaguer then gets caught in an FC. 10-2 Durham after 8.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Bailey was throwing 97 and 98 last year. Just not consistantly.

Bruce reaches on error.

High five!

Game over in Louisville. Bats lose 10-2

Homer's final line:

5.2 IP / 4 H / 5 R / 2 ER / 3 BB / 4 SO / 1 HR

Votto:

1 for 3 with an RBI

Bruce

1 for 4 with a triple. Hit the ball really hard tonight, one of those outs was feet away from being a HR.

Hanigan and Dickerson both 2 for 4

Santos, 1.1 IP, 2 H no Runs

Chattanooga leading 9-1 going into the 6th inning

Frazier 1-1 so far with an RBI single, wouldve been 2 RBI but runner got thrown out at the plate.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

DeJesus (Dayton): 3.1 Innings, 2 Hits, 0 Runs, 0 BB, 6 K

Lecure: 6 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 BB, 8 K

Rosales is 2-for-3 with a double, single, and a walk.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Lecure: 6 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 BB, 8 K

Rosales is 2-for-3 with a double, single, and a walk.
    Aronchis- see, this is why people around here claim that you rub them the wrong way. I'm not suggesting everything needs to be viewed through rosy colored glasses, but here you have a pitcher who you've ragged on constantly in the past, who puts together a stellar outing tonight, and you ignore it. Yet at the same time, you focus all of your effort into chiding Homer Bailey for his poor outing, continuing your doom and gloom forecast.

I'm NOT suggesting that everything needs to always be peachy around here, but if you don't want to be viewed as just as biased of a poster as the "peachy posters," you should start doleing out respect when it is due.

Great outing for LeCure tonight.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    I seem to recall everybody here complaining because the Reds were taking too long to bring Homer up. In fact there were plenty of people who stated that they should have brought him up last year. Now its just the opposite. Everyone is taking the position that he never should have been brought up in the first place. This is what we call "redboarding"
    I want him back in the majors for his next start. He's able to get by in AAA, he doesn't have to improve to get those guys out. The majors are where he needs to make adjustments in order to become a good or great pitcher, and he has to take his lumps at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Aronchis- see, this is why people around here claim that you rub them the wrong way. I'm not suggesting everything needs to be viewed through rosy colored glasses, but here you have a pitcher who you've ragged on constantly in the past, who puts together a stellar outing tonight, and you ignore it. Yet at the same time, you focus all of your effort into chiding Homer Bailey for his poor outing, continuing your doom and gloom forecast.

I'm NOT suggesting that everything needs to always be peachy around here, but if you don't want to be viewed as just as biased of a poster as the "peachy posters," you should start doleing out respect when it is due.

Great outing for LeCure tonight.
    Oh, come on. Lecure got praise from me during his last good start.................a few weeks back. Lecure has been nothing but inconsistant. At least Fisher put up several weeks of consistancy before his arm went dead.

Lecure struck out 9 with 1 walk in 7 innings

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Not on this board they weren't. There were plenty of people wanting the Reds to hold off.

I suspect that the real reason he was sent down to AAA was not to keep him on his rotation turn, but to get those extra days of service away from counting toward super two status. The fact that he is now having problems lets him take care of that down there away from the bright lights. Homer Bailey is not a unique and delicate snowflake. He is taking his lumps and as long as he is healthy he should emerge better for it.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Turn Off Ads?