Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Will Drew Stubbs become a Star?

Will Drew Stubbs become a Star?

Figured since there's a thread that slams Drew, we need a post that praises him since Im a fan. We dont know for sure but what if he becomes a Dykstra leader for the Reds?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Will Drew Stubbs become a Star?

Here is what I would consider a success. Right now Freel is obp around .300 and is basically a liability on the base paths and isn't the best CF. If Stubbs can come up and obp around what he is doing in Dayton and play good CF then he is going to be a very productive player. I figure that if Stubbs puts up similar avg and opb that adam dunn does then Stubbs with his speed is going to be a bonus. The biggest thing for Stubbs is how often he gets on base and how effective of a base runner he is.

20 steals for a guy with tuff toe all season is pretty good. A game I saw back in June he had a slight limp.

Count me in for the Drew Stubbs Fan Club but I think there is 0% he ever OBPs around what Adam Dunn does. If Stubbs can be a .260/.330/.430 guy in the bigs he will be a legitimate starter with his defense. His basestealing leaves something to be desired so far though, 20 SB and 12 CS. We will see what happens next year with the healthy toe.

Just wanted to add that when I envision what Stubbs will be in the majors, the guy I'm envisioning is awfully similar to Chris Denorfia. Maybe a little less OBP and a little more SLG, but similar.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Chris Heisey will make a bigger impact.

If Stubbs can end up similar to Mike Cameron (.252/.341/.447) with great defense and stealing 25-30 bases a season, I would be pleased.

Stubby is 2-3 with a Triple and a Homer tonight.

He has begun turning things around lately, and I hope he can become a Reds outfielder in 2-3 years. I am not sure he will ever be a star, though. I really hope he turns out better than Chris Denorfia, though

Turn Off Ads?