Turn Off Ads?

Thread: MLB Blackout Rules

MLB Blackout Rules

I live up in Northern Indiana (over 4 hours from Cincinnati) and my zip code is part of the Reds black out area. I do not get Fox Sports Ohio on my local cable options (Comcast). Last night the Reds-Braves game was blacked out on TBS, even though there was no other way to watch this game for me.

I have thought about getting the MLB extra innings package, but all the games would be blacked out (home or away). I've also looked into getting the MLB Internet TV Package, but those games are also all blacked out.

So can someone please explain the rules on why every Reds game is blacked out for me even though I can't seem to watch them. Am I missing a way to get these games?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: MLB Blackout Rules

Its possible to watch blacked out games on MLB.TV by using a proxy server.

It seems though, that sense I am getting blacked out, there should be a more obvious way to see these games.

I might be thinking MLB makes too much sense, but it just seems ridiculous to torment a fan trying to watch his team when there is no reasonable way for him to get to the stadium (sense I am 4 hours away).

I feel your pain. I am a Braves fan living in NC and I get blacked out for Nationals and Orioles games. Whenever the Braves play those teams I am screwed. Oh, the game last night was on Sportsouth, not TBS.

MLB.TV has been a godsend for me...I just wish they would let you archive the games.

I've thought for a while that the mlb blackout rule is really hurting the game's popularity. Baseball is a sport where the casual fan is only interested in watching games played by their home team, but mlb won't allow that to happen. I think they lose the interest of alot of casual fans by not allowing them to watch their home team. A guy that lives about three hours from Cincinnati, can't go to all the games. He would, however, go to more games if he held a higher interest in the team. I believe he would have a higher interest if he was allowed to see the games on TV. This rule is for the 70's when ticket money was the big money for baseball. Now the big money is tv deals and merchandise. Wake up out of your coma MLB, this is 2007.

Theoretically, you could go to all the games...The geographic radius of the territory each team controls is way too big for reality. It shouldn't be more than 50 miles, certainly not more than 75 miles. MLB cuts off its nose to spite its face, but that's nothing new.

I want to form a class action law suit against MLB so I can start watching the Reds on TV (from 250 miles away). Anyone want to sign on?

What a joke. The game is blacked out here on TBS because apparently, MLB thinks that I should have to hop a plane to Atlanta to catch the game instead.

In the former Adelphia area here in Cincy we got the game. I wonder why in West Chester Time Warner would black out the game?

I don't understand why I can watch almost every game on FSN, but when it's on TBS, it's blacked out.

The game was on in Dayton. I don't have a clue why it wasn't on in West Chester.

He sure could hit HalMorrisRules's Avatar

I watched the game on DirecTV in Dayton without a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMilner View Post
    I want to form a class action law suit against MLB so I can start watching the Reds on TV (from 250 miles away). Anyone want to sign on?

Turn Off Ads?