Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The top 15 SP free agents

The top 15 SP free agents

I thought I would create this thread since we have such weakness in the back end of our starting rotation. I will list the pitchers, their ERA, and their W-L this year. This list is taken from SI.com.

1.Schilling 7-5 4.25

2. Clemens 5-5 3.92

3.Carlos Silva 9-12 4.17

4. Jeff Weaver 5-10 5.57

5. Bartolo Colon 6-6 6.72

6. Randy Wolf 9-6 4.73

7. Livan Hernandez 9-7 4.86

8. Freddy Garcia 1-5 5.90

9.Jason Jennings 2-8 6.16

10.Rodrigo Lopez 5-4 4.42

11. Kenny Rogers 3-2 5.23

12. Jon Lieber 3-6 4.73

13. Matt Clement DNP

14. Eric Milton N/A

15. Josh Fogg 7-8 5.82

I simply recreated this thread from a similar one on ORG, so let's have a similar discussion on the merits (or lack thereof) of next year's FA starting pitchers

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The top 15 SP free agents

wow, thats not a very impressive group, schilling and clemens are the best, but they're too old. i don't even know if i would want any of those guys.

This list just reinforces the need to build from within and focus on the long term.

Yeah, that list really sucks. I used to like Randy Wolf when he was with the Phillies, before his arm almost fell off...

All I can see now is shades of Eric Milton, who for some ungodly reason is actually listed as the 14th best FA SP available

PEACE

-BLEEDS

is it just me or is jeff weaver on this list every year?
    the only ones i would even find tempting just for 1 year deals to contend would be clemens or schilling, and neither one would sign with cincinnati.

Senor Votto

So everyone wants to get rid of Dunn to pick up one of these guys? There can't be a guy on that list that will help this team more than Dunn.

It just points out how weak the SP free agent market is. However, I could see us giving one of these pitchers a 1 year deal until Cueto is ready. I suppose we need to consider if we would get better play from a FA or from Belisle.

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    It just points out how weak the SP free agent market is. However, I could see us giving one of these pitchers a 1 year deal until Cueto is ready. I suppose we need to consider if we would get better play from a FA or from Belisle.
    It would probably be Silva because you know how Wayne loves those Twins

belisle sucks in my opinion, he shows flashes, but he can't seem to consistently put a season together. i'm personally tired of his act, and would rather give someone else a shot. anyone think homer bailey would be a possibility by next season?

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    belisle sucks in my opinion, he shows flashes, but he can't seem to consistently put a season together. i'm personally tired of his act, and would rather give someone else a shot. anyone think homer bailey would be a possibility by next season?
    I think he has to be really. The Reds won't last another season with a rotation of Harang, Arroyo, Livingston, ?, ?. Hopefully Homer does well in the minors the rest of the year and trains hard in the offseason.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by degenerate10 View Post
    It would probably be Silva because you know how Wayne loves those Twins
    Actually,from that group Silva might be decent if him and Dunn could bury the hatchet ( if Dunner's back)

Id be interested in Schilling, Garcia, Lieber and Clement if any can get healthy

Quote Originally Posted by rocko View Post
    Actually,from that group Silva might be decent if him and Dunn could bury the hatchet ( if Dunner's back)
    bury the hatchet
    what happened between them?
    Whatcha gonna do, brother, when Brennemania runs wild on you!!

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    I thought I would create this thread since we have such weakness in the back end of our starting rotation. I will list the pitchers, their ERA, and their W-L this year. This list is taken from SI.com.

1.Schilling 7-5 4.25

2. Clemens 5-5 3.92

3.Carlos Silva 9-12 4.17

4. Jeff Weaver 5-10 5.57

5. Bartolo Colon 6-6 6.72

6. Randy Wolf 9-6 4.73

7. Livan Hernandez 9-7 4.86

8. Freddy Garcia 1-5 5.90

9.Jason Jennings 2-8 6.16

10.Rodrigo Lopez 5-4 4.42

11. Kenny Rogers 3-2 5.23

12. Jon Lieber 3-6 4.73

13. Matt Clement DNP

14. Eric Milton N/A

15. Josh Fogg 7-8 5.82

I simply recreated this thread from a similar one on ORG, so let's have a similar discussion on the merits (or lack thereof) of next year's FA starting pitchers
    Just say no!

Silva actually looks like the best of the lot. Should Lohse be on the list?

Turn Off Ads?