Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Prospect Profile: Drew Stubbs

Re: Prospect Profile: Drew Stubbs

Whoa, where did I ever say that a hot streak proved anything? I'm saying Stubbs should begin next season in Chattanooga because he will be 23 years old, which is suitable for AA but considered sort of old for High-A. Plus, starting in Chattanooga will probably benefit Stubbs more than starting him in Sarasota. The FSL eats hitters alive.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Whoa. Let's step back a minute.

I don't think a hot streak in the last month of the A ball season proves anything, except that Stubbs is capable of a hot streak. That's fine but it is the end of the season, presumably some younger pitchers are up, some teams are out of it, and it's hard to evaluate whether Stubbs has really turned a corner.

With all, Stubbs is still OPSing .786. And while Doug is always noting his injury and his good months, his overall offensive minor league record still, well, raises questions.

The last thing I would do with this kid is skip a level. No way, no how. Let him start next year at High A ball. We all hope he rakes at that level. If so, there is plenty of time for Double A.

Stubbs needs to start next year off hot, not to be struggling to master AA. So let's be happy for his recent success, but take things slowly.
    I disagree. You say I count his good months, but you say his overall track record raises questions.... I bring up that outside of June he has an .879 OPS for the season. Thats not counting the good months, unless well they are all good months except June (and they arent, his April he posted an OPS under .700).

I am with OBM though, I would keep as many hitters out of the FSL as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I disagree. You say I count his good months, but you say his overall track record raises questions.... I bring up that outside of June he has an .879 OPS for the season. Thats not counting the good months, unless well they are all good months except June (and they arent, his April he posted an OPS under .700).

I am with OBM though, I would keep as many hitters out of the FSL as possible.
    Well, his overall track record does raise questions. Just look at last year and this, the overall stats. All of his at bats count, regardless what month they were in.

But Stubbs is on fire right now. Reds need to find a way to help him start off next year on a positive offensive note. He's spent a lot of time adjusting, now it's time for some success.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Well, his overall track record does raise questions. Just look at last year and this, the overall stats. All of his at bats count, regardless what month they were in.

But Stubbs is on fire right now. Reds need to find a way to help him start off next year on a positive offensive note. He's spent a lot of time adjusting, now it's time for some success.
    If we are going to look at a track record of 1.5 years, then I will certainly take the more recent year than the previous half year.

Turn Off Ads?