BA: .250
    OBP: .326
    HR: 5
    RBI: 36
    OPS: .691
    SLG: .365

More YIKES!!:

Originally Posted by registerthis
    Yep. Ended up being a crap-for-crap deal. The baseball equivalent of a tree falling in an empty forest.

The deal is still open, the Reds still own 3 of the players and the weight of the motion filed with MLB, the Nationals have invested in Kearns

# 07:$3.5M, 08:$5M, 09:$8M, 10:$10M club option ($1M buyout)

WOW, would our fans be PISSED OFF if we were paying Kearns that kind of Jack!! That's absolutely HORRENDOUS for that production.

Life could be worse!
    WOW, are we lucky we found Josh Hamilton. That, and our Young guys - Votto, Bruce, Cueto/Dumatrait - have us poised to be CHEAP for a long time, and to "Gracefully" deal with Hatte/Conine, Lohse, as well as give us OPTIONS for dealing with Griffey.

We have a CHEAP lineup full of powerful guys. We can AFFORD to invest in SP and KEEP a guy like Dunn/Griffey if we want to.
    Of our Starting Position players currently under contract, in 2009, nobody will make more than $4M - Freel will be at $4M and Gonzo at $5M and change, BOTH in the last year of their contracts.

in 2008: Hamilton, Phillips, EE, Votto - all START for <$500K
    Hopper, Keppinger, Lopez all on your bench for <$500K
    Bailey and Belisle both <$500K
    Got about 6 Relief Pitchers making <$500K
    Total, that's 15 guys @ 500k = $7.5M
    Ross $2.5M, Valentin $1.3M, and Freel $3M round out your bench.
    Weathers $2.5M (I say he's worth it, keep him)
    Round it up, call it $17M

Expensive Starters:
    Harang $6.75M
    Arroyo $3.95M
    Dunn $13M
    Griffey $6.0M ($6.5M Deferred)
    Gonzalez $4.625M
    TOTAL: $41M
    GRAND TOTAL: $57M (+guys DFA'd) and ONE SP slot left.

2009:
    Harang $11M
    Arroyo $9.5M
    Dunn $15M *(if signed to 5YR $75M deal)
    Bruce* $500K
    Gonalez $5.375
    TOTAL: $41M
    GRAND TOTAL: call it $60M with some raises and increases to Freel/Ross.
    Subtract Weathers also gone, as well as Valentin has an option for 2008,and replace that with a $4M Closer.

You've STILL got lots of money to get you to $75/80M roster.

ME LIKES!!

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    Last edited by BLEEDS; 07-19-2007 at 01:31 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: From ORG: Lopez and Kearns numbers

That was a bad trade......................

........for the Nationals! Long live Jim Bowden!!!!!

You should put Majewski's, Bray, and Harris's stat lines up there as well. So Kearns is making one million more than Stanton this year....Yikes! It would be nice to have a bullpen wouldn't it? If only Krivsky could go back and unload Kearns and Lopez for servicable relief, it would still have been unpopular but it would have been better then no servicable relief.

Gee, while we're at, why not include the fact that Krivsky and the Reds were deceived by Leatherpants and the Nationals. And it could be worse......Krivsky, like Bowden, could have proclaimed Bray and Majewski the second coming of Trevor Hoffman and signed them to long term deals at $4, $5, or $6 million per year, like Leatherpants did with the All-World Austin Kearns.

My vote is that "The Trade" actually ended up being a good thing for the Reds. We didn't get the direct impact that we wanted but I'm quite content with how things turned out.

GABP is like Coors Field. It inflates a position player's numbers. More reason why free agents should take a look at Cincy when looking to revive their careers. Kearns and Lopez benefited from playing in GABP.

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    GABP is like Coors Field. It inflates a position player's numbers. More reason why free agents should take a look at Cincy when looking to revive their careers. Kearns and Lopez benefited from playing in GABP.
    I still haven't given up on Bray and Majewski. Neither has been healthy this year. But, if they can get healthy, they could be the "shot in the arm" that the bullpen needs.

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    I still haven't given up on Bray and Majewski. Neither has been healthy this year. But, if they can get healthy, they could be the "shot in the arm" that the bullpen needs.
    I agree. Especially about Bray. He could be just what we need in the bullpen.

BLEEDS <<....WOW, are we lucky we found Josh Hamilton...>>

I'm giving the credit to Krivsky and his scouts. Over 30 other teams had the same chance to get lucky with Hamilton and Brandon Phillips, but the Reds ended up with both of 'em. That can't be luck.

but...but....but.........walt jocketty..........

i think i found a few posters in here that still have their wits. thanks guys.

Bray still has alot of time to show what he can do...never was sold on Majic...but Bray is young....he was why the trade was made in the first place

I'm glad to see some other people out there are actually looking at kearns and lopez's stats this year before blindly saying it was a bad trade. Kearns and Lopez are healthy and not doing anything. At least we have hope concerning majewski and bray returning to form when healthy.

I would make the deal again in a heartbeat. I think Bray will be a solid guy out of the bullpen, you may get something out of Daryl Thompson, and Brendon Harris should have been kept.

Lopez is bad. Kearns is average to below average. Just like everyone thinks their crap should sell on ebay for much more than it brings, many Reds fans thought Kearns and Lopez should have brought more. I am convinced Wk was shopping them and the return from the Nats was the best he was offered.

It was a take what you can get deal. Vis-a-vis re-signing those two, the Reds would have come out ahead even by simply non-tendering them.

Kearns and Lopez are doing bad this year, but part of it is the stadium they play in. I am sure fly balls that would have been doubles or home runs in GABP are outs in Washington's cavernous stadium.You know, BLEEDS, you are changing from a nuisance poster and have been making outstanding posts on the Sun Deck lately. Before you know it you will be on ORG.

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    You know, BLEEDS, you are changing from a nuisance poster and have been making outstanding posts on the Sun Deck lately. Before you know it you will be on ORG.
    I can only dream...

PEACE

-BLEEDS

Turn Off Ads?