Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Pirates acquire Izturis

Pirates acquire Izturis

From MLB Traderumors
    Pirates Acquire Cesar Izturis
    The Cubs have traded shortstop Cesar Izturis and cash to the Pirates for a player to be named later. I suppose the move is meant to push Jack Wilson, but I don't really see the point as they're similar players.

Addition by subtraction for the Cubs, who might want to call up Ronny Cedeno soon. Instead they brought up Jake Fox, who was moved off the catcher position earlier this year. He's hitting .284/.327/.504 in 91 games at Double A. Fox has been playing first base and outfield for the Smokies lately, so he can help fill in for Derrek Lee. Fox could become a Ryan Doumit type one day, catching on occasion. He was college guy, and has been old for his levels. This could possibly be a trade showcase, though Fox doesn't have a ton of value.
    Interesting move by the Pirates to go out and be "buyers." Maybe they're hearing the Reds footsteps and want to solidify their grip on 4th place.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Pirates acquire Izturis

I'm guessing they may have found a taker for Jack Wilson?

At the very least, they've hung a for sale sign around his neck.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

I agree there...maybe Boston? Considering Lugo has been a bust (although he has been hitting a little better the past couple weeks or so).

Why would anybody want Cesar Izturis? He's an arthritic, light hitting, BAD shortstop. Think Juan Castro without the personal charm and the sexy nickname.

UGH!!! Addition by subtraction for the Cubs. Now the only wasted roster spots they have are Jaque Jones and maybe Kerry Wood (on the 40).

Cezar Izturis is a pretty sexy name.

got alil captain in u?

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalls View Post
    Why would anybody want Cesar Izturis? He's an arthritic, light hitting, BAD shortstop. Think Juan Castro without the personal charm and the sexy nickname.

UGH!!! Addition by subtraction for the Cubs. Now the only wasted roster spots they have are Jaque Jones and maybe Kerry Wood (on the 40).
    and ur saying jack wilson isn't a light hitting shortstop. He makes a ridiculous amount something like 7.3 next year and 8.5 the year after that if i were the buco's i'd find anybody to take him.

Turn Off Ads?