Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gammons on ESPN regarding the Reds

Gammons on ESPN regarding the Reds

Peter Gammons was asked on Mike and Mike this morning first on trades...
    he said he has heard nothing in regards to BIG NAME trades...he Specifically mentioned both Dunn and Griffey . He doesn't think either will be traded before the deadline.
    Also was asked about the rumor of Jocketty and LaRussa possibly coming to the Reds and said that yes it is possible. Seems Jocketty feels under appreciated, and would likely try to bring LaRussa along if hired.Also mentioned the past history of Cast ownership with the Cards.And that the REDS need to bring back the luster of a once proud franchise. This is really nothing new for all of us, but thought i would throw it out there for further discussion. Sounded like WK is very much on the hot seat, if not already on the way out.
    Last edited by Chi-Town Red; 07-20-2007 at 07:55 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Gammons on ESPN regarding the Reds

Isn't Jocketty under contract for next year? How could we get him if they don't fire him?

Why would we want Larussa?

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    Proven winner.
    L.A. manager Grady Little had a bad feeling about Wednesday's game when he saw Harang and pitching coach Dick Pole walking in after Harang's warmup.

"I saw two big men," Little said. "Either could have shut us out tonight."

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    So we can listen to Marty say every game: "LaRussa, managing like its the 7th game of the World Series, is going to make a double switch..."

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Doo-Rag View Post
    So we can listen to Marty say every game: "LaRussa, managing like its the 7th game of the World Series, is going to make a double switch..."
    Didnt LaRussa make that comment himself this season? With the cards so far out he said he was going to treat each game like a game 7 from then on out.

i dont understand... do u guys not think larussa is a great manager??... because he is.

he might be a great manager, but i don't want him as manager of the Cincinnati Reds. period
    because at the end of the day, they still are the Chicago Cubs, and they will figure out a way to screw this whole thing up--Marty B.

Quote Originally Posted by OSUredsFAN View Post
    he might be a great manager, but i don't want him as manager of the Cincinnati Reds. period
    why not?

i know the "proven winner" stuff is cliche and all, but seriously, look at his track record.

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

Quote Originally Posted by foltza View Post
    why not?

i know the "proven winner" stuff is cliche and all, but seriously, look at his track record.
    It's sad to say but I honestly feel that some Reds might feel that a proven manager with credibility would all but take away the nightly joy of complaining about line-ups and game decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by 5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM View Post
    It's sad to say but I honestly feel that some Reds might feel that a proven manager with credibility would all but take away the nightly joy of complaining about line-ups and game decisions.
    some Reds or some RedsZoners?

Quote Originally Posted by foltza View Post
    why not?

First off, didn't LaRussa make a childish comment about the Reds a few years ago when the team did the walkoff jump-around at home plate after beating his club, then i noticed that he has no problem allowing his team to do the same thing, that really bothers me.
    Also didn't Larussa make some comment earlier this year about Harang should be suspended for throwing at his guy. Now how would that play out, if they were together. I think that was why Harang was left off the All Star roster this year. How else could you explain him not being in San Fran?? I would rather keep Harang happy than have Larussa as manager here.

that is why.
    because at the end of the day, they still are the Chicago Cubs, and they will figure out a way to screw this whole thing up--Marty B.

^ Word!

im sure larussa's problem with harang would go away very quickly when harang was on his staff.

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    im sure larussa's problem with harang would go away very quickly when harang was on his staff.
    Bingo. Do I like Tony LaRussa? No, absolutely not. But I would take him as our manager without even thinking twice. I don't care whether I like him or not, as long as we win. And getting LaRussa would be a nice first step to getting this franchise back on the right track.

Turn Off Ads?