2. Turn Off Ads?
    Senor Votto

Re: Hamilton to DL, Moeller Back

We. Don't. Need. Three. Catchers.

Time is the Revelator.

Same game, different name. Pathetic.

Only the Reds would replace an injured outfielder with a crappy catcher. I give up.

Talkin' Baseball

Yep, if they weren't going to use that move to get Homer back for his next start, then why not use it to get Votto a few ABs with Hatte still on the roster. Of course, I think they are keeping Votto down to learn left in case they move Dunn. He's got nothing left to prove at the dish.

thorn

Didn't we just promote Bruce to LOU because they are so badly lacking in OF's? Maybe he just didn't want to take another OF from LOU due to the shortage they have. Besides, Moeller will be sent back down in a few days when Bailey returns.

Good God

I thought it was pretty much "assumed" that if he went on the dl, that then homer could come back sooner than the 10 days......this does not make much sense

It Looks Like WK wants the #1 pick after all.
    The Hunt for a Reds October.

got alil captain in u?

i guess wayne couldn't go to long without a player on the bench who can't hit to save his life. He had to find somebody to replace castro in the suckyness department.

Homer, Bruce and Votto will all be called up at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullboat View Post
    It Looks Like WK wants the #1 pick after all.
    Thats assuming that he isnt a scott boras client or also wants the moon to sign....

Quote Originally Posted by Grande Donkey View Post
    Homer, Bruce and Votto will all be called up at the same time.
    The board would have a meltdown when that happened, and I'd love it. (Not now of course, but when the time is right)

High five!

I think Trent put it best so I shall C&P from this post:

As for Moeller, it's a pretty easy move. That way he goes down when Bobby Livingston gets the call for Monday (that has not been announced, but that's what I'd expect). Lopez stays up with Castro out, and then the pitcher who gets called up goes down when Homer's ready to come back up. Really, it's not anything to get upset about. With Freel and Hopper already here, it's not like they needed another outfielder, they're heavy on the outfielders already. With Keppinger and Lopez already up, you have bats that can play in the infield (although, Lopez was hot the last month with the Bats, I'd still rather have Javy on the bench). Javy will be pinch hitting and you can switch for him at some time if you want now that you have a third catcher. Really, for a move like this, there's no reason to get your undies in a bunch, as it seems many of you have. It's for one series for a team that's already out of it. Seriously, settle down.

I would rather carry 24 men.. than have Moeller up here..

Turn Off Ads?