Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Why is EZ in Louisville???

Why is EZ in Louisville???

This probably is a dumb question, but what is the deal with EZ still being in Louisville. I have to think he is a better option than Matt B right now, and despite a few rough outings, I was quite pleased with his improvement last year.

His stats look good this year, I know he was hurt for a bit...but still. Shouldn't he be an option at this point. What gives???
    Last edited by kaldaniels; 07-21-2007 at 12:09 AM. Reason: forgot to mention he'd been hurt

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Why is EZ in Louisville???

Im not sure if hes been activated yet or if hes still on a rehab assignment.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    This probably is a dumb question, but what is the deal with EZ still being in Louisville. I have to think he is a better option than Matt B right now, and despite a few rough outings, I was quite pleased with his improvement last year.

His stats look good this year, I know he was hurt for a bit...but still. Shouldn't he be an option at this point. What gives???
    I'm a Elizardo supporter, but he had marignal stuff to begin with. After Narron made his arm explode, I doubt he is back to full strength after only 7 starts. He needs to build his arm back up and be on the top of his game. He's given up 52 baserunners in only 39 innings, so he's not exactly dominating.

We'll see him again in Cincinnati, just not yet.

He did do well enough last year to be our no.3 starting pitcher most of last year. If he had not been injured, he might still be in Cincinnati. I think if he gets back to normal the rest of the year, we could see him in spring training.

Last year, through July, Lizard looked pretty good. His pitches had a lot of movement, he was keeping the ball down, and he showed good command. Then, in August, you could see that something was different. He wasn't throwing quite the same way, and he was giving up more walks and hits. His ERA through July was 4.22, and in August, it was 19.13. I think the Reds were just late in recognizing that Elizardo was injured. If he ever again pitches like he did at the beginning of last year, I don't think it will be long before he returns to the DL. I'm just not convinced his shoulder has enough in it to compensate for his lack of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    I'm a Elizardo supporter, but he had marignal stuff to begin with. After Narron made his arm explode, I doubt he is back to full strength after only 7 starts. He needs to build his arm back up and be on the top of his game. He's given up 52 baserunners in only 39 innings, so he's not exactly dominating.

We'll see him again in Cincinnati, just not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190 View Post
    Pitching a guy in relief, then starting him the day after is always a good idea.

"He was scheduled to throw that day anyway."

Turn Off Ads?