Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ESPN to cut-in for Bonds at bats

ESPN to cut-in for Bonds at bats

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

ESPN will do live cut-ins for all Barry Bonds at bats until he hits 756, except for games on FOX or TBS.

FOX will carry Saturday's game with the Brewers. TBS will carry games July 24, 25, and 26 with the Braves at the Giants. ESPN has also picked up Monday's Braves/Giants game on July 23rd.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: ESPN to cut-in for Bonds at bats

sweet, i can't wait to see it! it may be awhile with the way he's been hitting on my fantasy team though lol.

lets hope he goes on the DL, or gets indicted, maybe suspended, or hit by a bus before 756

i still don't understand why any pitcher would throw to him........
    if i was on the mound, i would throw all 4 balls at his face.

I can't see any pitcher who's been 100% clean wanting Barry to break that record, so any pitcher seen grooving fastballs to Barry should be tested immediately.

must see TV

Schnickelfritz

Quote Originally Posted by Chi-Town Red View Post
    must see TV
    Actually, it's You Will See TV. Which is why I rarely watch the four-letter word network.

Senor Votto

I hope he breaks the record against the Braves

you guys are just media puppets!

Quote Originally Posted by REDblooded View Post
    i still don't understand why any pitcher would throw to him........
    if i was on the mound, i would throw all 4 balls at his face.

I can't see any pitcher who's been 100% clean wanting Barry to break that record, so any pitcher seen grooving fastballs to Barry should be tested immediately.
    Probably because the pitchers cheated themselves. It's kind of hard to bash one cheater, when you've been injecting yourself.

there were so many people that were on steroids it's not even funny, but everyone wants to single out bonds just because he's a great player. not to mention the media tries to make him look like a bad guy constantly just because he doesn't put up with all their crap during interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    there were so many people that were on steroids it's not even funny, but everyone wants to single out bonds just because he's a great player. not to mention the media tries to make him look like a bad guy constantly just because he doesn't put up with all their crap during interviews.
    You're right. They don't kill Giambi in the same way.

But, what has always bothered me about the steroid talk is that it only talks about the numbers. What always bothered me was the effect it could have in wins and losses. Think about this: Everyone has their panties in a twist over 756, but nobody cares that Barry carried the Giants to the World Series the year after. Isn't that WAY worse. In the end, the home run record will fall again, but what about the Braves and Cardinals who both lost to the Giants in the playoffs that year. That is, unless we are going to accuse players on the other teams, which we have absolutely no proof of.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    You're right. They don't kill Giambi in the same way.

But, what has always bothered me about the steroid talk is that it only talks about the numbers. What always bothered me was the effect it could have in wins and losses. Think about this: Everyone has their panties in a twist over 756, but nobody cares that Barry carried the Giants to the World Series the year after. Isn't that WAY worse. In the end, the home run record will fall again, but what about the Braves and Cardinals who both lost to the Giants in the playoffs that year. That is, unless we are going to accuse players on the other teams, which we have absolutely no proof of.
    that is an excellent point, i never really looked at it from that point of view.

First, I believe Bond's reputation was already diminished before the steroid scandal so he already wasn't a fan favorite to break Aaron's record.

The reason I believe people are getting "their panties in a twist over 756" is because it's arguable the most prestigious record in all of sports. World Series' come and go and we have a hard time remembering who won 12 years ago. The home run record has only 2 names attached to it in the history of the game. This record is a BIG deal to baseball fans and they don't want to see it owned by someone who they believe artificially enhanced his performance to take break the record.

Okay, let me ask you a question, and this goes out to everyone posting on this board. What would you remember more, Junior hitting 756 or the Reds winning the World Series? Which is more important to Reds fans? I think I'm almost afraid to hear some of the answers...
    Last edited by improbus; 07-24-2007 at 09:55 AM.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Both

Turn Off Ads?