Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Alex Gonzales to the restricted list

Alex Gonzales to the restricted list

Gonzales to the restricted list? This is a new one, what does this mean?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Gonzales

He had reached his max time on the bereavement list, so the put him on the restricted list to buy more time.

I wish his family well,and I hope he gets back soon.Philips looks kinda lost without his double play buddy as there have been a few sure fire DP's flopped by Lopez.Thought he has made a few good ones.

From what I have found the retricted list is basically leave without pay. On bereavement he was paid and the time counted as MLB service days. On restricted, neither is true. No waivers or options were required to get him on the restricted list nor will they be reqiuired to get him off.

Given the situation and the role the Reds management played in getting the sick child to Cincinnati for treatment a couple of months ago, if there is a loophole or way to continue to pay him while he is on restricted, it would not be surprising if they did. However the time will not count as MLB service time.

I just hope everything improves for his son.

Turn Off Ads?