Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 7/21/07 - Reds vs. Marlins Game Thread

Re: 7/21/07 - Reds vs. Marlins Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    ... but seems to have his command tonight . He is tough when he has command because his stuff is nasty.

I'm sure like many pitchers, that he's just much less effective when he has to pitch from the stretch. We just have to get more runners to first base against him. Though I was being facetious with Dunn, Dunn had three chances to where he almost accomplished this and it was a nice effort by Dunn to get on base.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Kim's thrown 54 pitches and 36 for strikes.
    Livingston's thrown 57 pitches and 36 for strikes.

0-0 through Four.

Let's have some good at-bats, guys this inning.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

Lopez, have some patience. You're new to the Majors. 2 pitches 2 outs is not a way to learn the pitchers.

Kim is one of those guys I have secretly rooted for, for a long time. It seemed like he had pretty good stuff at one time, but wow - he got brutalized by the Yankees in '01.

Nice recovery by Kim.

But, we got on the board and made Kim throw 18 pitches that inning.

Quote Originally Posted by MrCinatit View Post
    Kim is one of those guys I have secretly rooted for, for a long time. It seemed like he had pretty good stuff at one time, but wow - he got brutalized by the Yankees in '01.
    I remember a couple of guys a few years ago stating that they wanted him to be a RED, don't know if that was you.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_Davis View Post
    I remember a couple of guys a few years ago stating that they wanted him to be a RED, don't know if that was you.
    No - while I am sort of rooting for him, I would rather root for him with another team. His numbers certainly indicate his best days were long ago. His 1.60 WHIP this year kind of backs that up.

Hanley Ramirez, on the other hand - I would like to see him in a Reds uniform in a heartbeat.

Livingston has never faced a tougher situation than right now with Cabrera with the go-ahead run on 3rd and Cabrera hitting as well as he is.

Giving up only 1 run while facing Ramirez, Uggla and Cabrera for the third time today was highly successful in my opinion.

Hatteberg leads off with an infield single.

Junior singles to left but is easily thrown out at 2nd. Hatteberg is at 3rd.

Griffey ought to pulled after that effort, at least using the past as a standard. That was worse than what EE did.

Did Junior stand there and watch the hit or something? Why'd he get thrown out so easily?

Another failed attempt to get a runner home from third with less than 2 outs.

Turn Off Ads?