Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shopping in Columbus, any suggestions?

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Re: Shopping in Columbus, any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by registerthis View Post
    Actually, Polaris and Easton did that.

Regardless, that mall was just awful.

The only thing I liked about City Center was when I worked for Merrill Lynch, I could park in the City Center Parking Garage and walk thru the mall to get to work, and if I ever needed a place to clear the mind, a walk around the mall was usually good for that.

Ironically, the reason I would pick Easton over Polaris is simply due to Sales Tax. Delaware County has, or at least used to have, a higher Salex Tax Rate than Franklin County, the location of Easton.

That and IMO, Easton has better restaurants.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    Regardless, that mall was just awful.
    Yep, my grandmother worked in the Lazarus store there for over 20 years, until it closed. Towards the end, she didn't want to work past 7 PM...roaming gangs of thugs would take over. Forget the parking lot, you weren't even safe buying a pretzel in the Uncle Sam.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Gone are the days of being dropped off by the folks at Aladdin's Castle to play video games.

I must've spent a fortune on the original Punch Out.

As much as those old malls are now eyesores, they kinda represent the old Fast Times at Ridgemont High ethos of days passed.

Makes me a little sad in a way.

Me and a friend of mine almost started an old school video game parlor. We were gonna sell hot dogs, and have a jukebox and everything. Wish we would have done that.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    Gone are the days of being dropped off by the folks at Aladdin's Castle to play video games.

I must've spent a fortune on the original Punch Out.
    There was a racing game there that I loved to play--can't remember what it was called. It was the first game I had seen where you could sit down and actually "drive" the car. Which at age 12 was a very cool thing.

Sundays after church were always spent at Northland--Sunday dinner at the York Steakhouse, and then over to Alladin's Castle until mom and dad came to get me.

I was also a fan of Spencer Gifts.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Turn Off Ads?