• Alex Gonzales

12 12.77%
  • David Ross

16 17.02%
  • Other

9 9.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who would you like to see traded?

Who would you like to see traded?

I got this idea from the ORG and I have a feeling where most of the votes are going to go . But anywho explain your reasons for your voting.
    Most Vottomatic Player

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who would you like to see traded?

Loshe, Conine, Stanton...do i really need to explain?

got alil captain in u?

for me Dunn is first on the list. Yes i will hate to see him go with all the numbers he puts up but the return he could get us could put us over the top in the next 2-3 years. Second would prolly be loshe, then conine,weathers,stanton, and if we have to hatteberg.

I voted Lohse, Stanton, Weathers, Hatte, and Conine.

A few teams are looking for bullpen help enter Stanton and Weathers. Teams like the Yankees who are all about winning now should give up a decent prospect or two for Stanton and or Weathers.

Some teams are looking for veteran know how so Hatte and Conine are the best choices for this. Again either of them could get a prospect or two that's a few years away from the majors.

Lohse has good stuff but he's so inconsistant this will hurt his trade value. I'm sure they he could still get a above average prospect but I wouldn't expect a big return.
    Most Vottomatic Player

Quote Originally Posted by captainmorgan07 View Post
    for me Dunn is first on the list. Yes i will hate to see him go with all the numbers he puts up but the return he could get us could put us over the top in the next 2-3 years. Second would prolly be loshe, then conine,weathers,stanton, and if we have to hatteberg.
    put us over the top if we trade Dunn?...top of what? the second worse team in MLB...sorry dont agree with that

Griffey was one of the guys I picked. I'm a big Griffey fan, but I would like to see him contend for a World Series before he retires. He'd be the biggest bat on the market and his contract is already restructured so that he recieves $6.5 million next season and during the option year, a reasonable price for 2 1/2 years of a HOF slugger.

I'd love to see him go back to the Mariners, and C Jeff Clement is one of the guys I'd like to have in return. The M's match up really well with the Reds. They've got guys like Clement and RHP Brandon Morrow who they can't properly use, and need help on both sides of the ball.

Griffey
    Loshe
    Conine
    Hatteberg
    Weathers
    Stanton
    Freel
    Gonzalez
    Ross

Here's my list in order:

1) Dunn - hes a blackhole in the middle of our lineup, sell him while some gm's still think he's an asset

2) Stanton - has post season experience, maybe someone will still think this means something. If we get anything in return for him its a plus.

3/4/5) Conine/Gonzalez/Lohse - I kinda like him but he really doesn't fit in our plans anywhere long term, and maybe we can get something back for him.

Adam Dunn - If you can get anything for him, then use the 13 million for mid relief
    Kyle Lohse - FA at years end get something for him
    Jeff Conine - FA at years end get something for him
    Scott Hatteberg - FA at years end get something for him
    David Weathers - Value will never be higher
    Mike Stanton - anything you can get
    Ryan Freel - he has one tool, and it is slipping away
    Alex Gonzales - overrated hack

It would be foolish to trade Dunn for anything less than we'd get as compensation if he walks next year.

Unless we get something substantial for Dunn, trading him is stupid.
    Who's on first?

I voted Lohse, Conine, and Encarcion. Here are my reasons: 1. Lohse has played himself out of Cincinnati. I am ready for Livingston or Dumatrait take his spot. 2.I believe we could get a good Single-A player from Minnesota for Conine; we only need one reserve first baseman 3. I believe Keppinger would be better at third than Edwin.

why isn't harang on the list? lol jk jk

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    why isn't harang on the list? lol jk jk
    I thought that would be a no brainer that the Reds keep him
    Most Vottomatic Player

The players under consideration that have enough current value for us to get anything worthwhile in return are Griffey, Dunn, Arroyo, Encarnacion, Hatteberg and Weathers in that order.

I would keep Griffey, Dunn, Arroyo and Encarnacion. I would trade anyone else if we could get a decent return. No fire sales again please.

Trading anybody else would just be a way to get rid of them. You don't get better by ditching players unless you have a better option ready to replace them. Obviously we don't or we would have made the switches already.

Hamilton, Harang, and Phillips have value too, but nobody is talking about trading them.

My prediction is that Krivsky will find takers for Hatteberg and Weathers this week. The rest will stay.

Turn Off Ads?