Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite, and Least Favorite Red, and Why?

Favorite, and Least Favorite Red, and Why?

i just thought this would be an interesting thread, to see who the #1 favorite, and least favorite are for people on here, and their reasons for it.

my favorite is brandon phillips, he plays great defense, and is a great hitter for a guy that plays 2nd. not to mention he is still young and on the rise. i also like his personality, he has some flash to him, and makes it fun to watch.

my least favorite would be todd coffey- (see last nights box score) lol.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Favorite, and Least Favorite Red, and Why?

Favorites:
    Dunn
    Griffey
    Phillips

Least Favorites:
    The whole bullpen outside of Weathers pretty much.
    Most Vottomatic Player

uoduck1017

My favorite is Adam Dunn because he is just like a (very) big kid and he reminds me of Will Ferrell. So what if he is a little lackadasical, his banana phone call to Marty was hilarious. I have no least favorite player on the team.

Favorites:
    #1 Adam Dunn -- underappreciated, scores runs, drives in runs
    #2 Ken Griffey Jr. -- best player of my generation, good guy
    #3 Aaron Harang -- when he is pitching I feel confident
    #4 Brandon Phillips -- Cleveland reject comes to Cincy and excels for us. LOL
    #5 Josh Hamilton -- represents hope for the future, great talent, compelling story

Least Favorites:
    #25 Ryan Freel -- Popular even though he sucks, doesn't play smart, out-machine on the basepaths
    #24 Alex Gonzalez -- "best SS I have ever seen" was a load of crap, out-machine at the plate
    #23 David Ross -- worst hitter of any starter in the majors

Thank God Steves Gone

Favorites would have to be Hamilton, Phillips, and Griff
    Least favorites would be Chad "Why Is He Still In The Majors" Moeller and the bullpen besides the injured lefties, Weathers, and Buron
    In This Man I Trust .. A Little Bit

No favorites no least favorites. Just win.

RotoHester

I am becoming more and more of a Scott Hatteberg fan. This guys just seems to give the team great at bat after great at bat. On a team full of guys that swing from their heels all the time, he seems more interested in working the pitched and making good solid contact. Keppinger, from what I've seen, also fits in this mold.

Aaron Harang is becoming one of my favorite Reds in a long time. Is there a more consistent preformer on this team? Every time he steps on the mound, you know the Reds have a good chance to win. I can't think of more than 5 pitchers in the National League that I would rather have on the mound on a given night than Aaron Harang. The most frustrating player and my "least favorite" player on the Reds is David Ross. He doesn't have a clue at the plate and besides his ability to throw out would be base stealers I think his defense is overrated.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Talkin' Baseball

Favorite Red: Adam Dunn. He hits long home runs and gets lots of walks. He puts up 40 HR, 100 Runs, 100 RBI almost every year. Sign him to a long term deal.

Least Favorite Red: Adam Dunn. He strikes out a record pace. He plays terrible defense. He doesn't hit well with RISP. He only hits homers when they don't matter. He's not a run producer. He looks like he's loafing most of the time. He should have a bumper sticker on his back that reads: "I'd Rather Be Fishing." Trade him now for a bag of used BP balls.

Favorites: Bruce

Dunn, Harang, Edwin

Least: Krivsky and his bullpen goons
    Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had better learn baseball - Jacques Barzun

Favorites: Harang, Arroyo, Phillips, Griffey, Homer

Least Favorite: It was Milton, guess he's technically still a Red; now it's most of the bullpen and Moeller, Dunn is close but at least he still has good numbers on paper

Favorite Red: Junior. I think it's pretty amazing to see him doing what he's doing at his age and after the injuries he has suffered the past several seasons. Still has the sweetest swing in the league.

Least Favorite: I don't have a least favorite as I root for every player on the team.

Favorite: Junior Griffey. It was a pleasure to manage him and what a great guy.

Least Favorite: Chad Moeller. I talked to Wayne numerous times about the three catcher situation and he would not listen.

Favorites: Brandon Phillips, Ryan Freel - I will take their hustle, mistakes, and love for the game any day of the week.

Least Favorites:
    -Ken Griffey Jr: I understand he is a hall of famer, and I understand he is having a great season, but I'm sick of watching him half-arse his way through it. Yes we know you are great Ken, and yes we know that you know you are great. We can tell you know how great you are by the way you stand at the plate and admire every fly ball you hit, HR or not. No such thing as a double for KGJ...unless its a ground rul double. All that hustling would cut down on his "fly ball admiring time." Can't have that, now can we? And Ken, we can tell you know how great you are by the way you jog out those ground balls. Wouldn't want to pull anything...smart. You probably won't beat out the throw to first, so why bother? Why risk the injury? Do you know how many guys get hurt legging it out to 1B? Happens every other at-bat, I tell ya.

"Ken Griffey Jr...still the sweetest swing in baseball, and still the most obnoxious post-swing in baseball."

- Adam Dunn: Somebody get this guy to the American League, or get him his golf clubs. I understand he walks a lot and of course hits a lot of HRs. But pick an intangible, ANY intangible. Dunn doesn't have it. Oh, and he is awful in the clutch. He belongs in the number 6 spot, DHing for the Royals or whoever. Less expectations for Adam, and bigger paycheck, AND more time for golf! Everybody wins! And by everybody, I mean of course Adam Dunn's golf game.

...oh, and before anyone says how great KGJ and Dunn are... I'm pretty sure we can lose 100 games with or without the "dynamic duo."
    If it were me, and many here are glad it is not I am sure, I would unload them both for a salary dump and a box of Kleenex's to get through the rest of this season. Then pick up a few vets that actually give a darn.
    Last edited by Ludwig Reds Fan; 07-23-2007 at 03:54 PM.
    L.A. manager Grady Little had a bad feeling about Wednesday's game when he saw Harang and pitching coach Dick Pole walking in after Harang's warmup.

"I saw two big men," Little said. "Either could have shut us out tonight."

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig Reds Fan View Post
    Favorites: Brandon Phillips, Ryan Freel - I will take their hustle, mistakes, and love for the game any day of the week.

Least Favorites:
    -Ken Griffey Jr: I understand he is a hall of famer, and I understand he is having a great season, but I'm sick of watching him half-arse his way through it. Yes we know you are great Ken, and yes we know that you know you are great. We can tell you know how great you are by the way you stand at the plate and admire every fly ball you hit, HR or not. No such thing as a double for KGJ...unless its a ground rul double. All that hustling would cut down on his "fly ball admiring time." Can't have that, now can we? And Ken, we can tell you know how great you are by the way you jog out those ground balls. Wouldn't want to pull anything...smart. You probably won't beat out the throw to first, so why bother? Why risk the injury? Do you know how many guys get hurt legging it out to 1B? Happens every other at-bat, I tell ya.

"Ken Griffey Jr...still the sweetest swing in baseball, and still the most obnoxious post-swing in baseball."

- Adam Dunn: Somebody get this guy to the American League, or get him his golf clubs. I understand he walks a lot and of course hits a lot of HRs. But pick an intangible, ANY intangible. Dunn doesn't have it. Oh, and he is awful in the clutch. He belongs in the number 6 spot, DHing for the Royals or whoever. Less expectations for Adam, and bigger paycheck, AND more time for golf! Everybody wins! And by everybody, I mean of course Adam Dunn's golf game.

...oh, and before anyone says how great KGJ and Dunn are... I'm pretty sure we can lose 100 games with or without the "dynamic duo."
    If it were me, and many here are glad it is not I am sure, I would unload them both for a salary dump and a box of Kleenex's to get through the rest of this season. Then pick up a few vets that actually give a darn.

That's how you win, guts and guile, screw talent!

Turn Off Ads?