Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Random Thoughts

Haunted by walks

Random Thoughts

It takes a lot of OBP to strand a lot of runners.

The trouble with managing by the book is that the other manager has read the book and knows how it ends.

The trouble with not managing by the book is that you have no one to blame but yourself.

It's not Ryan Freel's on base percentage that's the problem as much as his off base percentage.

But it's possible that the energy the defense expends to catch him doing something dumb can still be exploited into a big inning.

Before the Florida series, I was prepared to sign Mackanin to another half season.

Statistically speaking, the Reds have a decent record in nearly all of their innings.

I predict Mackanin will be the most misspelled name since Lidner.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Re: Random Thoughts

Great stuff!
    Witty signature.

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post

The trouble with managing by the book is that the other manager has read the book and knows how it ends.

Yeah, I think we're just using the wrong book. We need to switch from "Little Women" to "Fear and loathing in Las Vegas".

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

Waiting for a tour/album KittyDuran's Avatar

Oops...
    2014 Reds record when I'm attending: 20-16
    2014 Dragons record when I'm attending: 2-1
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Now that is a classic!

If you add an "O" to OPS you get OOPs.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Haunted by walks

What's with the oops? My point is a semi-serious one ...

Turn Off Ads?