Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reds negotiating with Vero Beach?

Reds negotiating with Vero Beach?

Certainly, the Reds should be doing due diligence with the Sarasota deal looking bleak, so this makes a lot of sense. And I feel strongly the Reds are the team in question.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/politic...gers_0719.html
    The lowest acceptable payroll amount for ownership to show they are not greedy pigs is 15 million more than they are currently paying. No matter what that currently is.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds negotiating with Vero Beach?

Wow, maybe they'll change the name from Dodgertown to Redsland?
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Dodgertown is still one of my all time favorite Spring Training sites. Just a tremendous facility.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

I would be extremely happy if this happens.
    Not all who wander are lost

Quote Originally Posted by IslandRed View Post
    I would be extremely happy if this happens.

Me too.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

Well, it would cut my commute to Spring training by an hour drive..... but I'm curious why you guys would care....
    The lowest acceptable payroll amount for ownership to show they are not greedy pigs is 15 million more than they are currently paying. No matter what that currently is.

Well, I'm 100 miles south of Vero Beach now.

Much closer than Sarasota for me.
    ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    Well, I'm 100 miles south of Vero Beach now.

Much closer than Sarasota for me.
    Sarasota isn't that far from you now. Plus you get to ride across Alligator alley.....
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Well, it would cut my commute to Spring training by an hour drive..... but I'm curious why you guys would care....
    My kids have a two-week spring break in March and we have in-laws who just love to have us come visit. Vero Beach is only 45 minutes down the road. With kids, it's much easier to get away for a ballgame if it's just for the afternoon instead of having to block out a whole day to go cross-state and back.

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

My GF is a Braves fan so we split a Spring Training visit between Braves and reds. As we are Annual passholders at Disney we typically stay there. I am guessing the drive to Vero from Lake Buena Vista is lightly shorter than the one to Sarasota.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

By the way.... next most likely (in my opinion) destination for Reds (after Vero) is splitting time with Braves at Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    Sarasota isn't that far from you now. Plus you get to ride across Alligator alley.....
    Vero Beach is 100 miles, Sarasota is 215.
    ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    By the way.... next most likely (in my opinion) destination for Reds (after Vero) is splitting time with Braves at Disney
    See, thats what I'm talking about. My parents live outside of Orlando and usually I go to Winter haven for some Indians games. This would be perfect for me.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

I'd be fine with Orlando too. Plenty to do up there to payoff Mrs. '62 for putting up with my baseball habit.
    ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    I'd be fine with Orlando too. Plenty to do up there to payoff Mrs. '62 for putting up with my baseball habit.
    Same here. It's also easily accessible from the Melbourne area... Disney... kids... slam dunk.

Turn Off Ads?