Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Are Sarasota games broadcast online?

Are Sarasota games broadcast online?

I've been able to find all the other affiliates, but I can't find Sarasota games. Am I just blind, or do they not broadcast online?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Are Sarasota games broadcast online?

They dont broadcast games. Only 2 or 3 teams in the FSL do.

Bah. Wonder why they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    Bah. Wonder why they don't.
    They have troubles selling a thousand tickets to each game, so probably due to a lack of interest.

A thousand? They are averaging 637 folks a game. Last in the all of Minor League Baseball !!! (excluding leagues like GCL)
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Thats why I said they have trouble getting a thousand. There have been a few games with over a thousand people. The entire FSL has problems like this.

I'm more dramatic.... I say they're having trouble drawing 700.....
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Haha, Im going to one up you then. They are having trouble drawing 638.

Ya can't teach speed...

Actually, I think the problem is that they don't really care. The teams in the FSL are unlike most of the other minor league franchises are owned by the MLB Clubs. They play in the spring training facilities that have to be maintained year around anyway. they make no effort to market the teams and they insist on playing alot of the games during the middle of the day when its hot enough to fry eggs on the sidewalk; who wants to take a day off work to sit through a game in that weather. So, if they don't give two hoots about drawing crowds, they certainly don't give two hoots about broadcasting the games that would just cost more money (internet broadcast rights and an announcer) Its not just the Reds but most of the FSL teams seem to fall into the same catagory. Sometimes I wonder if they don't try to make the FSL a miserable place to play just to test the players' mettle and seperate the wheat from the chaff.

Quote Originally Posted by Triples View Post
    Actually, I think the problem is that they don't really care. The teams in the FSL are unlike most of the other minor league franchises are owned by the MLB Clubs. They play in the spring training facilities that have to be maintained year around anyway. they make no effort to market the teams and they insist on playing alot of the games during the middle of the day when its hot enough to fry eggs on the sidewalk; who wants to take a day off work to sit through a game in that weather. So, if they don't give two hoots about drawing crowds, they certainly don't give two hoots about broadcasting the games that would just cost more money (internet broadcast rights and an announcer) Its not just the Reds but most of the FSL teams seem to fall into the same catagory. Sometimes I wonder if they don't try to make the FSL a miserable place to play just to test the players' mettle and seperate the wheat from the chaff.
    Sounds like you're describing the GCL team in Sarasota.

Ya can't teach speed...

Nope:

I'm descrbing the FSL Team in Sarasota
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    Sounds like you're describing the GCL team in Sarasota.

Turn Off Ads?