Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Matt Belisle

Matt Belisle

I know conventional wisdom on the site usually is positive for Matt. But IMHO if this guy loses tonight, I don't ever want to see him start a game for Cincy again. Look at these number:

Last 10 Games (Season Game Log) Season to Date
    Date Opponent Score Dec IP H R ER HR BB K W L SV IP ERA
    Jul 19 @ FLA W 7-5 - 4.2 9 5 4 2 2 5 5 6 0 114.0 5.13
    Jul 14 @ NYM L 1-2 - 7.0 9 1 1 0 2 6 5 6 0 109.1 5.02
    Jul 4 SFO L 5-9 L 4.0 6 5 5 1 0 0 5 6 0 102.1 5.28
    Jun 28 @ PHI L 7-8 - 5.0 8 6 6 2 1 6 5 5 0 98.1 5.03
    Jun 20 @ OAK L 3-5 - 6.0 4 2 1 1 4 1 5 5 0 93.1 4.72
    Jun 15 TEX L 6-7 L 5.0 9 7 7 2 1 5 5 5 0 87.1 4.95
    Jun 9 CLE L 6-8 - 6.0 5 3 3 2 3 5 5 4 0 82.1 4.48
    Jun 3 @ COL L 9-10 - 6.2 10 5 5 1 1 2 5 4 0 76.1 4.48
    May 29 @ HOU W 2-1 W 7.2 4 1 1 0 0 8 5 4 0 69.2 4.26
    May 24 WAS L 3-4 L 7.0 10 4 4 1 1 3 4 4 0 62.0 4.65
    Total 114.0 137 70 65 16 26 78

He's had two good starts since May. Why in the world would he still get the call. There has got to be a kid in AAA that could accomplish stats as good as these.

And when has he ever had much success? He's been hyped since the day the Braves traded him. I think there should be a simple rule regarding trades with the Braves. If they don't want a pitcher, neither do we.

Say what you want about Livingston, but he's got his head in the game. He doesn't look like much, but I watched him keep the Braves off balance and wondering the entire game. It was actually the worst game I've seen the Braves play in 14 years of living in Atlanta. You have to give the kid some credit for that.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Matt Belisle

I believe Matt will be competing for the fifth spot the rest of the year. He could have competition from both Livingston and Dumatrait.

Talkin' Baseball

Belisle needs to learn how to stay away from the big inning. He's got good enough stuff to make it. Remember, he has never had this kind of workload in a single season and there's bound to be growing pains. I think the biggest upside to him right now is that he could be a very good reliever if the starting gig doesn't work out.

And just to be clear, I'm not an Anti-Belisle guy. I just want him to step it up. Could any young pitcher have a better opportunity than pitching with the Reds? I mean we're desperate for someone to stand-up and claim starter 3-5 and any spot in the bullpen.

I think it's that horrible mug shot he had where he's grinning like Steve Martin in Parenthood when Martin was Cowboy Gil making fun of Cowboy Dan.

Id rather him in the bullpen myself. How this teams bullpen has been he would be a huge improvement.

I think when Bailey comes back, Belilse is done as a starter. I really want to see Homer get in another handful of starts this year.
    Brian

Editor StorageReview.com - SSD & HDD Reviews

I wouldn't mind seeing him in the 8th inning as the set up guy with the possibility of him working his way into the closer role. he has the stuff, let's see if he has the mind set.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing him in the 8th inning as the set up guy with the possibility of him working his way into the closer role. he has the stuff, let's see if he has the mind set.
    i think he would be better suited for long relief mop up duties.

Talkin' Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I think when Bailey comes back, Belilse is done as a starter. I really want to see Homer get in another handful of starts this year.
    Depends if they deal Lohse. I don't think they are going to be in a hurry to rush Bailey back either.

I'd rather have Belisle in the starting rotation than Loshe. Just my opinion.

Next year I hope neither Lohse nor Belisle is in the rotation. I hope Lohse is somewhere else and Belisle is where he can really help the team, as a bullpen guy along the lines of Scott Sullivan soaking up a lot of innings one or two at a time. He can be far more valuable there than as a marginal fifth starter. I hope we can get EZ up for a couple of starts and Dumatrait too so as to move toward sorting out this picture, but Belisle's role seems to me in the bullpen.

I think we all have seen enough of him as a starter

got alil captain in u?

send him to the pen i've seen enough he's had his chance and hasn't madethe most of it. he was semi sucessful in the pen and i'd like to see him in it again.

Lets see what he can do in a set up role and take it from there

Belisle is no starter he belongs in the pen. I loved it when he was in the pen.

Turn Off Ads?