Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ohio State is at it again.

Ohio State is at it again.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.c...asp?CID=694006

Considering Sidney was a huge UCLA lean, I am starting to wonder what is in the Kool-Aid in Columbus.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Ohio State is at it again.

Matta gives his players a lot of freedom on the court and that's why these kids want to play for him. It's going to be hard for him to build any kind of continuity though if he continues to lose his top 2-3 players every year to the NBA.

Yeah, what are you thinking? It's Columbus, Ohio and THE Ohio State University you're talking about here. Surely that is more attractive than some place in North Carolina, Texas, Florida, or California. I mean who would turn down the opportunity to play at the Ohio State University. If they offer, you go.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

For a Level Playing Field

Any school that might be seen as a stepping-stone to the NBA will attract NBA-wannabes. What? Three guys taken in the 1st round in the latest NBA draft. Also means playing time will be available.

Perhaps the school up north can reach that level on the court someday. And if they do, I hope they know how many timeouts they have.

As a guy who has seen OSU basketball on probation twice in the last 15 years, I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
    It's Columbus, Ohio and THE Ohio State University you're talking about here.
    Great school, great town. I went there myself. What's wrong with me?
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Yeah, what are you thinking? It's Columbus, Ohio and THE Ohio State University you're talking about here. Surely that is more attractive than some place in North Carolina, Texas, Florida, or California. I mean who would turn down the opportunity to play at the Ohio State University. If they offer, you go.
    And your point is? Hmmmm?

She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by registerthis View Post
    Great school, great town. I went there myself. What's wrong with me?
    Not saying it's not a great school, or a great town.

What I'm saying is, this kid was born and raised in SoCal. He's listed UCLA and USC as the two schools that are his favorites for about 2 years now. I just think it's a little fishy that all of a sudden he declares OSU as his favorite. He's never even mentioned being interested in OSU before. If that doesn't seem odd to you, that's fine, but I've followed recruiting in a lot of sports and it doesn't seem normal to me that someone that has listed 2 schools as his favorites for years and no others suddenly changes his mind and lists a new favorite, especially one thousands of miles from home.
    Last edited by Red Leader; 07-24-2007 at 01:22 PM.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

What I'm saying is, this kid was born and raised in SoCal. He's listed UCLA and USC as the two schools that are his favorites for about 2 years now.
    Things change. Situations change. Who knows? Even THE Ohio State University has lost out on a few prize recruits now and then. Shocking as that is to believe.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Not saying it's not a great school, or a great town.

What I'm saying is, this kid was born and raised in SoCal. He's listed UCLA and USC as the two schools that are his favorites for about 2 years now. I just think it's a little fishy that all of a sudden he declares OSU as his favorite. He's never even mentioned being interested in OSU before. If that doesn't seem odd to you, that's fine, but I've followed recruiting in a lot of sports and it doesn't seem normal to me that someone that has listed 2 schools as his favorites for years and no others suddenly changes his mind and lists a new favorite, especially one thousands of miles from home.
    I think what a lot of people forget is that these kids are teenagers. Having 3 teens in my house (19, 16, and 14 yr. old), I can tell you that their decision making is often inconsistent, illogical, emotion-driven, and generally suspect.

Most of my talks with them start with "what about ...", "have you ever thought of ...", and "did you think about ...". My kids call it a drive-by dadding.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I think what a lot of people forget is that these kids are teenagers. Having 3 teens in my house (19, 16, and 14 yr. old), I can tell you that their decision making is often inconsistent, illogical, emotion-driven, and generally suspect.

Most of my talks with them start with "what about ...", "have you ever thought of ...", and "did you think about ...". My kids call it a drive-by dadding.
    That, of course, is very true.

Maybe this is just an anomaly. Possible, for sure, but in following recruiting the last couple years, both in football and basketball, it's not common for someone to list a school as a favorite that they've never even listed before. It just stands out as "odd" to me.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Considering Sidney was a huge UCLA lean, I am starting to wonder what is in the Kool-Aid in Columbus.
    What's in the Kool-Aid?

Mostly sugar, water and food coloring. Oh yeah, and keys to a brand new BMW.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    What's in the Kool-Aid?

Mostly sugar, water and food coloring. Oh yeah, and keys to a brand new BMW.
    Don't forget radioactive Olentangy River water.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Ohio State should only recruit no talent hacks from Ohio. Any other recruit would be stupid to attend that school. They must be cheating. Jim Tressel and Thad Matta are the devil. If they could only be as clean and wonderful as Kentucky, Michigan, West Virginia, Oklahoma, USC, etc...

I just don't get why every time something decent happens at Ohio State, people must run and throw mud at them. Watch what happens if Terrell Pryor commits. People will be all over Ohio State. It will be a zoo.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

If Terrelle Pryor commits, which is a possibility, he'll redshirt as a freshman in football, play 1 year of basketball and skip off to the NBA. That's just not because he'd be going to OSU, he'd do that with any school he lists (Florida, Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio St., Penn St, Texas and W. Virginia). He's ranked as the # 1 football recruit by scout. I heard he's even better at basketball, although he's only ranked #8 in basketball by scout.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Turn Off Ads?